Solved

Does anyone know if Webroot Antivirus works with Steam?

• 15 June 2013
  • 9 replies

Usually when I use Steam there are  updates that happen regularly, however, ever since I installed Webroot Antivirus I haven't seen a single one. Does anyone know if this antivirus is compatible with Steam. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, Steam is allowed in my firewall if that means anything.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 15 June 2013, 06:42

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Doc4000 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. ;)

Yes steam should work fine can you check the Firewall to see if it's blocking anything? Also check to make sure it's not Blocked Here or Here and please reply back.

Thanks,

Daniel
Thanks for the quick reply. To the best of my knowledge, the firewall it isn't blocking Steam and I don't see it blocked by the the privacey sheild or added to protected programs. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. To the best of my knowledge, the firewall it isn't blocking Steam and I don't see it blocked by the the privacey sheild or added to protected programs. 
Can you check if you have the latest version of Steam?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This what I found: At CNET Download.com

Steam

Quick Specs

• Version: API v012 2125/2125
  • File size: 1.59MB
  • Date added: February 13, 2013
  • Price: Free
  • Operating system:Windows XP/Vista/7
Daniel
My version of the Steam client is dated June 6. However, there are usually minor updates that happen  but as of late  I haven't seen any.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's only 9 days ago but I have found more info: http://store.steampowered.com/news/?feed=steam_client

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Steam and WSA working perfectly, I had the two running alonside each other since WSA was released.
Userlevel 5
Also using both together. I think I saw a Steam update Last Friday and it seemed to complete normally.
Just curious but did you add steam to the protected program list in WSA? I spoke with tech support about my situation and that's what he did. After a reboot I saw that Steam was checking for updates then it disappeared.