Does webroot support keylogging detection and removal?

• 25 September 2014
  • 3 replies

Webroot is not as good as any other anti-viruses because it cannot detect keyloggers,R.A.T and rogue progams. This annoys me alot I believe it would not be hard to add this to webroot. I don't know much about anti-viruses but can't antiv's detect suspicous codes/threads/scripts. For example this is a pretty basic key logging script/code (i dont know what to call it)

Me.Send_Email(("You got infected lol: " & Me.client_id & " Ip_Address " & Me.IPMATCH.ToString),
String.Concat(New String() { "EASY KEY LOGGED: ", Me.client_id, " Computer Name: ",
Evironment.UserName, " Trolled at ", Conversions.ToString(DateAndTime.Now) }))

3 replies

I ran a key logger on my self then scanned my computer using webroot, it said my computer was safe. lies.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Webroot is not as good as any other anti-viruses because it cannot detect keyloggers,R.A.T and rogue progams. This annoys me alot I believe it would not be hard to add this to webroot. I don't know much about anti-viruses but can't antiv's detect suspicous codes/threads/scripts. For example this is a pretty basic key logging script/code (i dont know what to call it)

Me.Send_Email(("You got infected lol: " & Me.client_id & " Ip_Address " & Me.IPMATCH.ToString),
String.Concat(New String() { "EASY KEY LOGGED: ", Me.client_id, " Computer Name: ",
Evironment.UserName, " Trolled at ", Conversions.ToString(DateAndTime.Now) }))

Hello Jacoby!

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Please have a look at this Video on YouTube http://youtu.be/BvBybxTCicU
 ( Keyloggers and your privacy Commercial and black hat keyloggers can infect any device, from your PC at home to the phone in your hand. What exactly are these programs trying to steal? How can this data be used harmfully against you? And what can you do to protect all your data)

You can also issue a Support Ticket free of charge!

Webroot does protect you from keyloggers but if are threatened then issue a Support Ticket!

Yes, Webroot security software protects against keyloggers.  If a keylogger has been detected on your machine and you are having difficulty removing it, click here for information about malware removal.

Can I use a legitimate keylogger or system monitor with SecureAnywhere?
 Keyloggers, parental control software and system monitor programs may be detected by Webroot, depending on how they behave.  This is because these types of programs can be used both for legitimate and malicious purposes. To learn more about using these types of programs with SecureAnywhere, click here.

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi Jacoby

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that what you have posted is hardly proof postive of what you state especially when I have experienced WSA detecting and blocking keylogging software...so I believe that your banner statement is somewhat misplaced/erroneous. Having said that no security software is 100%...even WSA...and therefore if you have evidence of being able to beat it then please do as Sherry has suggested and Open a Support Ticket to provide the Support & Development Teams with the evidence. Theynwill be pleased to receive it as they are always looking to improved WSA's already stellar performance.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,Baldrick