Solved

Does Webroot turn off all Windows security measures?

• 25 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Are all these instances supposed to be turned off when WSA is installed?

icon

Best answer by BrianB23 25 December 2021, 13:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I don't believe Webroot turns them off. Instead, when a 3rd party AV application is installed, Windows turns those off to prevent conflict. 

It has been my experience that Webroot plays nice with Windows Defender, so you can turn Defender back on, if you'd like.

I’ll just do that. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I don't believe Webroot turns them off. Instead, when a 3rd party AV application is installed, Windows turns those off to prevent conflict. 

It has been my experience that Webroot plays nice with Windows Defender, so you can turn Defender back on, if you'd like.

Can you tell me how to run Webroot with Windows Defender? When you install WSA it turns off Windows Defender.

Click on picture to see full size!

Thanks, Daniel.

I didn’t know about that.

In the dim distant past I used to run ESET alongside Prevx>Webroot. But as Prevx>Webroot proved to be the first AV to keep me completely malware-free, I saw little point in continuing to pay to have another (albeit good) AV run alongside it. However, now I know I can enable Windows Defender to perform an automatic periodic scan (and for free), I’ve enabled that option.

Oh and by the way, merry Christrmas!

Some components can be activated:

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@jojomensan  are you using Windows 11? I haven’t had a chance to install on my other system that could support Windows 11.

Thanks,

Yes, I did a fresh install and found that all components of Defender were turned off.