Solved

EXpiration warning

• 10 January 2016
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased additional time on my subscription, but continue to get an expiration warning. Is there a way I can fix this. When I double-click on the Webroot icon in the lower right tray, the Webroot  page comes up saying I have the new subscription. It has the correct info. I would appreciate advice! Thank you.  jax
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 10 January 2016, 05:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jaxilyn

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Would you mind trying an uninstall/reinstall of Webroot to see if that fixes your expiration notice?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If you still have issues then you can Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription. Just to let you know you are still protected for 30 days after your expiration date.

Thanks,
Badge +1
I have a similar problem, but I only receive emails warning me that my Webroot subscription has expired. (I don't get the expiration warnings in the form of pop-ups, fortunately.) My last subscription expired the first week of January, and I entered a new code from a copy I had purchased locally at an office supply store. New code was accepted, and everything is continuing to function properly.

But apparently the 'trigger' for emails is whether or not I had purchased my new code through Webroot, and doesn't look at actual subscription data bases to check expiration dates? Not a big problem, I just send the emails to Spam. Would be nice, though, if the emails were only sent to those who had actually let their subscription lapse (and now purchased a new code anywhere).

Just my thoughts...