"Expiring soon" message appears way too soon

• 9 October 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Hello, I currently use the Antivirus license with 127 days remaining (from a generous web offer - thanks). It's quite a while now that the huge message at the bottom of the UI warns me about "Expiring soon - Don't go unprotected! Don't put yourself at risk". 4 moths earlier (possibly more) - isn't the warning a bit excessive? A couple of weeks before expiration seems more proper.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello TheSweeper, and Welcome!

Just to clarify, if you click on the My Account cog on the User Interface (bottom RH) and view under keycode tab it's stating that you have 127 days subscription remaining? If you are not seeing the keycode there,  uncheck in  Advanced Settings>Access Control "hide the keycode on screen", and then see.  And let us know your findings, or if you have any questions. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks for replying Dermot7. Yes, it mentions 127 days both in the main UI and on My Account. The keycode was visible, tried changing that option but it makes no difference on the "expiring" message.

On My Account/Status I see "Trial Active". Maybe this extended "trial" status is causing the problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again. So if you've created an Online Account, could you log into it and see that correct keycode is being associated with you there, and not the expiring trial as you said. And if all fails, then I'd advise you to ,Submit a Support Ticket unless anyone can direct us further, thanks.
             http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/661/Creating-an-account

" log into your Web Console and when presented to click on your keycode which should open a sub panel and display both the no. of days of subscription remaining AND the actusl expiry date."  (ref. Baldrick, thanks)

Sounds like that "trial" status is the issue ok.

If you have any other questions please get back to us.

Userlevel 7
Think that you afe spot on Dermot and it is a previously used trial keycode that is flagging the expiry. The good news is that the OP still has 127 days of protection, the not so good news is that to get the keycode deleted the only option is a Support Ticket as you have rigjtly suggested...as users cannot dlete keycodes via the Console or anywhere else...only the backroom boys & girrls can do that.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks both. Online account reports keycode duration/expiry date properly, too. Contacted support but we didn't resolve it and left it as is. It's probably related to the nature of this particular offer/keycode ("extended trial"). Not a major problem to deal with (everything works fine) but still, I think that when security software reports that something is wrong when there really isn't, well it feels wrong even if said warning is more product-related than security-related.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
They could give you a replacement keycode, and a clean re-install and then use new keycode would surely fix it.
 But maybe that couldn't be done with the offer you installed I'd assume.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is an issue that's currently under investigation.  Please contact support so that they can get this documented and added to the bug ticket for it:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp