Solved

False positive block on www.yourhealthwidebay.org.au

• 29 January 2013
  • 8 replies

Hello,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this enquiry. Could you please investigate www.yourhealthwidebay.org.au with a view to whitelisting it or removing the block it seems to have on it. We have Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection and whenever we visit that website using Internet Explorer we get:

Warning
www.yourhealthwidebay.org.au
(Contains malicious content)
This website contains a known threat and has been blocked.

www.yourhealthwidebay.org.au is a non-profit government health website and provides full organisational contact details etc and verifiable physical address. If there are any legitimate security issues with it, please advise so the website administrator can be contacted.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Brad
Health Communications Officer
Hepatitis Queensland
icon

Best answer by JimM 29 January 2013, 18:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Brad and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Please Submit a Support Ticket and report to them it's being Blocked.

Blocked website: http://www.yourhealthwidebay.org.au/Home/

HTH,

TH

EDIT: I did check it with Webroot BrightCloud and it comes up clean.

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community! 

As TripleHelix noted, False Positive submissions should go through Support, as is noted in the Community Guidelines.

Sorry about the block!  Support should get that rectified for you in no time.
Userlevel 7
Hello Hepqld, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
This site doesn't appear to be blocked anymore on my test box. Are you all set Hepqld?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Still being blocked on IE and but not on Firefox and Opera it flashes up the block and then disappers and shows the page?

From Scan Log:

Wed 30-01-2013 11:18:16.0125    Blocked website: http://www.yourhealthwidebay.org.au/Home/

TH
Userlevel 7
Interesting - it does it on my Win7 box but not my WinXP box. I'll see what else I can discover. The best course of action is still contacting support though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
IMPORTANT: Make sure you include the relevant lines from the Webroot scan log when you submit a support ticket. I had a problem like this before and they were not able to find the block without the exact URL address from my scan log for some reason.
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Still being blocked on IE and but not on Firefox and Opera it flashes up the block and then disappers and shows the page?
TH
Yes, the same observed on my end. Considering Jim's findings it looks like that on Vista/Win7 the site is still being blocked even though it has already been whitelisted.

TH, as for the Opera flashing it's the known issue that Webroot support confirmed and is working on to address it. Please see what Jim said:
"It's scheduled to be dealt with, and we haven't forgotten about it. There are changes coming in the future that will ultimately resolve this problem. Rather than expending resources on patching the bug in the short term, resources are being focused on a more robust, permanent solution that, while it takes a little longer to develop, will be worth it."