Solved

False possitive - Damages loss of reputation

Several important clients have notified us that our services are being blocked by WEBROOT security. This is a false positive and I can't find any Related Links or DNS-based blacklists that contain evidence of why we were blocked. The domain in question are:  Reputation Score: -0.4
URL Category: Business and Industry
Scanner "Webroot" Verdict (Request): Trojan Horse
Final Result
Request blocked
Details: BLOCK_AMW_REQ_URL

Please advise on how to escalate and resolve accordingly. This is an extremely urgent matter for us as the clients and reputation impact here are significant. We are in consultation with and will excessive all legal options necessary to ensure an immediate resolution.
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 17 May 2013, 19:07

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello casalemedia, Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Reporting of false positives can be done by Submitting a Trouble Ticket (Link Below) or by going to www.brightcloud.com

Please edit your post to remove the link.

Community Members: Do Not Try the link on this post!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Several important clients have notified us that our services are being blocked by WEBROOT security. This is a false positive and I can't find any Related Links or DNS-based blacklists that contain evidence of why we were blocked. The domain in question are:  Reputation Score: -0.4
URL Category: Business and Industry
Scanner "Webroot" Verdict (Request): Trojan Horse
Final Result
Request blocked
Details: BLOCK_AMW_REQ_URL

Please advise on how to escalate and resolve accordingly. This is an extremely urgent matter for us as the clients and reputation impact here are significant. We are in consultation with and will excessive all legal options necessary to ensure an immediate resolution.
Hello I checked you're links and they are not blocked by the Web Threat Shield? Also BrightCloud shows them clean?

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
It is blocked by Ghostery! 
Userlevel 7
I would guess it is blocked for good reason.
Userlevel 7
Can you PM the website in question so I can check it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
The links have been removed from the original post?? However if you google casalemedia there are some interesting facts.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The links have been removed from the original post??
If I am enough smart the site in question is hidden in the OP nickname and actually it gives no warning from WSA.
Userlevel 7
I think the link was removed just as per normal guidelines.  Pegas is right, there are some interesting results from Googling it. I do not see a company using the Forum as the contact method for this kind of an issue though... seems pretty "spammy" to me.
Userlevel 7

@DavidP wrote:
seems pretty "spammy" to me.
Have the same feeling David.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
It will be interesting to see if He persues this line?
Userlevel 7
The original post contained a link to a .js file, which is why I warned Community members at large to not test the links.  (It is never a good idea to do this unless you are a professional).  I personally would be very suprised if the OP has any connection to that company as claimed.  As such... i doubt it will be pursued in this thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Some Ghostery information......................

*link removed by moderator: see the community guidelines*

Company overview....................

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=28942417
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Can you PM the website in question so I can check it?
Hi Roy,

PM sent just in case you didn't get them!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Site isnt being blocked for me on two of my test PC`s.From my intial look I dont see anything malicious on the site with a number of sites reporting it as good. I will have a better look at it over the weekend.