Firefox 58 (32-bit) + Antivirus 126.96.36.199
I have to set firefox.exe Application Protection to Allow in order to land on my homepage.
Edit: Subject and add pic
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Update Firefox to 58.0.1
Amir Safari Foroshani
Firefox 58.0.1 was just released, I upgraded and I do not see the issue anymore when I moved Webroot's Application Protection back to 'Protect' on Firefox.exe.
Firefox 58.0.1 version notes include this specific fix:
When using certain non-default security policies on Windows (for example with Windows Defender Exploit Protection or Webroot security products), Firefox 58.0 would fail to load pages (bug 1433065)
so it might take longer for me to update it maybe that might be the reason why you are having problems with firefox
When using certain non-default security policies on Windows (for example with Windows Defender Exploit Protection or Webroot security products), Firefox 58.0 would fail to load pages (bug 1433065).
So it seems to be isolated to just the 32-bit Firefox 58.
Please make sure to submit a ticket if you haven't already. Thank you!
So the issues appears to be isolated to the following combo: 32-bit Windows, Firefox v58 (32-bit), and Webroot
So far I've only seen it on my 32-bit machines (Windows 10 and Win 7) running Firefox 58 (32-bit).
The workaround is indeed in Webroot... Identity Protection... Application Protection, I had to change Firefox.exe application protection from the default "Protect" to "Allow". By changing it to "Allow", I am able to reach the internet.
On my 64-bit Windows 10, Firefox 58 (64-bit) works fine with Webroot 188.8.131.52. I'm waiting for it to autoupdate to 184.108.40.206 to see if I can see the same symptoms as on my 32-bit machines.
It would be nice if Webroot could officially post a reply here if they know internally something is wrong.
This is currently a known issue and it has been escalated to the development team for a fix.
In the meantime, you will need to either disable the Identity Shield in the policy settings (Identity Shield > Identity Shield enabled > OFF) for the affected endpoints, or allow the Firefox application through the Webroot Identity Shield.
To allow a specific application, please follow the instructions below.
1. Log in to the Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection website here.
2. Navigate to the Group Management tab.
3. Select one or more endpoints.
4. From the tool bar, select Agent Commands > Identity Shield > Unprotect an Application.
5. Enter the MD5 for the application and click Submit.
If you do not have the MD5 for the application, you can locate it by right-clicking the desired file and selecting "Scan with Webroot." When the Scan Results window appears, click "Save Scan Log" in the bottom left. Name the file and save it to the desired location. This log will contain the MD5 number needed to allow the application.
If you require further assistance, please let us know.
I moved from (32-bit) to Firefox 58.0 (64-bit) and ran Firefox as usual for a few hours. Then after removing a disabled extension. Blank window issue seemed to return. I tried n failed several times to reach my homepage.
I restarted machine and again failed a few times to reach my homepage.
Then for what ever reason I was able to reach my homepage.
Maybe, any change to Firefox 58 .... causes - blank window.
Edit: +12 hours
Firefox 58.0 (64-bit) + 220.127.116.11 + 18.104.22.168 okay, for me (at this time).
Edit 2: 22.214.171.124
I've moved to Firefox 58.0 (64-bit) ....browser.tabs.remote.autostart = true & Content process limit = 1
Application Protection = Protect
Antivirus 126.96.36.199 + 188.8.131.52
Feels okay, at this tiime.
I change policy to turn off ID and Web shield and as soon as I refresh configuration of the webroot agent on the system then Firefox works, if I put them back into the recommended defaults policy firefox breaks again.
Firefox 58 (32-bit) work-around for me is.... browser.tabs.remote.autostart = false
Antivirus 184.108.40.206 + 220.127.116.11
I checked with our Escalations Teams and they haven't seen anything like this. Please submit a ticket so they can look into this more. Thanks!