Userlevel 2
  • New Voice
  • 9 replies
After installing update webroot secure keeps stopping

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Tez

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I presume that your are refering to an update to WSA itself,or do you mean a Windows Update?  And also how do you know that WSA is 'stopping'?  Please provide further information on the issue so that we can try to assist you

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Hi Baldrick

Thanks for your welcome
Yes update to WSA from Play store.  Since installing  I get box appearing saying "Sorry websecure has stopped working " and also in box Report or OK button.  If I press ok the box disappears then reappears until notification shield disappears then it stops appearing. If I look in apps running websecure is not there.  I have been in touch with websecure who instructed me to uninstall and reinstall which I have done at least four times same problem. they are going to contact me by phone on Monday so hopefully they can solve this. 

Regards 

Tez

Userlevel 7
Hi Tez!

I would have suggested exactly as you did....reinstall...  If you don't mind, can you reply here again once you have spoken to Support?  It would help us greatly to know just what the problem was and what is done to resolve it.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 WELCOME Tez, When you say Play store is WSA on a mobile device? Because if it is yu need to uninstall WSA, Clear CACHE in the setting, reboot, REINSTALL WSA again reme bering your key code of course. If you don't mind doing this reinstall again.

Pleae let us know how things turn out...
Great to have you onboard with the WSA Forum...we can try to do our best in assiting you...ALSO there is an update for WSA PLAY STORE. I'm assuming you have latest version.
Userlevel 7
Hi Tez

Thanks for the reply.  As David has already advised you have already done what we would most likely have suggested as a course of action....so best to let the Support Team investigate.

Looking forward to hearing exactly what the issue was and what fixed it for you...so we have the information to hand and can help users who come here with similar issues.

Regards

baldrick
Userlevel 2
Shall keep you posted
Tez
Userlevel 7
Thanks Tez!

Did you try clearing cache prior to reinstall as Sherry suggested?  Valid idea and worth a quick try  :-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😉 Thanks @ I must say I had the same problem with my Android and it would only work if I cleared the CACHE, I even let Support wipe the phone clean which i backed up the photos first knowing this. they even had me do this before hand. 

To help troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, we ask that you collect a very detailed set of logs called a CatLog. You will need to download a specific app (free) for this. Please follow the instructions below. 

1. Open the Google Play store and search for an app called "CatLog". 

2. Locate and download the free app CatLog - Logcat reader. 

3. After downloading the CatLog app, open it. 

4. Tap the Android Menu button, then tap Record. The app will begin recording logs from your device. 

5. Tap the Home button (do not use Back) to return to the main screen. This ensures that the recording will continue. 

6. Recreate the issue you have reported. 

** Note: This step is very important, as CatLog will record logs from the device as the issue occurs. Without this step, the necessary data for troubleshooting your issue will not be logged. 

7. After recreating the issue, open the CatLog app again. 

8. Tap the Android Menu button, then tap Stop Recording. A "Log Saved" notification appears. 

9. Tap the Android menu button again, then tap Send. 

10. Choose "As Text". 

11. Email the logs to the following address: mobilesupport@webroot.com 

Please return to this page when you have completed these instructions. Let us know you’ve submitted the requested logs in the "Send another message:" section, and we will begin analyzing the data. 

Thank you, 

The Webroot Support Team

BTW:
But this didn't work very well so...curious to see what the support team saids...;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Tez just wanted to add one more thing and that is I'm running Version 3.6.0.6609..Definition set 801. ;)

Cheers,
Userlevel 2
Hi 

Have submitted requested Logs

Tez
Userlevel 2
Hi Sherry  Im running same Version 3.6.0.6609 .. but Definition set 802.:(

Cheers 

Tez
Userlevel 7
It appears my own Android was not updating quite as automatically as it is supposed to.... set to update daily yet I didn't have definition set 802 either...

Fixed... i force updated, rebooted, and ran a scan.  No problems noted so the issue would not seem to be due to a bad definitions set.
Userlevel 2
Ok Thanks for Information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Alrighty I justed forced my Definitions to 802 also...Thanks guys! 😉
Userlevel 7
@ What kind of phone do you have?  Would it perhaps be a Samsung model?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @ I have a VS980 4G LTE and it was doing the same thing as I posted awhile back and Tech Support told me it's hard to find the problem on a cell phone after talking to them. My cell does it once in a great while but tech support thought it might be my Verizon network connection. I would get this stopping of WSA when going online to certain sites like WSA or email or just surfing the Google Search. So hard to tell ..just curious why you say Samsung?
Userlevel 2
Hi Motorola Moto g phone. Reviews on Google play suggest others having problems after downloading . Interesting to hear what they say tomorrow.
Cheers Tez
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Tez, Thanks for the response and yes we will also be interested in knowing the outcome too.

Have a Nice Evening..again thanks for reply to @

Salute!
Userlevel 2
Hi 
Have had support on phone from USA, There is a bug in the latest download from Play store
They have been inundated with calls, have lots of people working on it and hope to have undate soon.
He did say that when it does stop I will have no protection so i'll download a free antivirus untill fix comes out.
My partner got new phone today and downloaded Secureanywhere and it works sometimes but on certain apps it doesn't with same box coming up.

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice.

Tez

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thankyou for letting us know. ..We certainly appreciate you getting back with us..Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
Userlevel 2
Problem Resolved with latest download  from Play store this morning.:D

Tez
Userlevel 7
Thanks Tez!  I saw the update come into my device and was about to ask you to check to see if it fixes it LOL!