Solved

Free trial and Updates

• 1 November 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi, I've been using WR AV for about a month now and have 5 months to go of a 6 month trial. So far so good, but seems like forever for the the Web Threat Extension to show up. I was wondering,  will the free trial product update to the new version out today and will the web threat extension be a part of that or separate? Thanks and glad to join what seems like a great community!
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 1 November 2013, 01:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi, I've been using WR AV for about a month now and have 5 months to go of a 6 month trial. So far so good, but seems like forever for the the Web Threat Extension to show up. I was wondering,  will the free trial product update to the new version out today and will the web threat extension be a part of that or separate? Thanks and glad to join what seems like a great community!
You should automatically receive any updates, though it can sometimes take up to 3 days for it to come in on its own.  (It can take a couple days for a new version to be distributed to everyone.)  

The Web Threat Shield is a different matter.  You should have the "2013" active already I believe, but the improved 2014 version is being rolled out a bit slower.  It will not update with the rest of the software, but it will eventually update on its own.

Note: make sure you have not disabled automatic updating of the software to make sure you get updates as they are available. to you.  You can also simply re-install from a fresh download to 'force' updates.
Thanks so much.
6 month free trial, any chance you can point me in the direction of a trial licence code.

Thanks in-advance.