FREEMAKE VIDEO CONVERTER

• 7 September 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23
Hi everyone,

I'm hopeing someone can help me.  I'm trying to install the Freemake Video Converter and Webroot thrown up a 'threat detected' warning even though the programme/site is marked as 'trusted' by the Antivirus in the search results.

I've installed and used Freemake Converter and Downloader before without any problems so wonder why this is happening now; - a scan has found no threats so far, do you think I can safely ignore it this one time?

Linda.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

I am getting this below: from http://www.freemake.com/downloads/

So I will check BrightCloud and it shows 96.

The Download contains a threat or malicious PUA and you can always submit a Support Ticket to ask them.

Hope this Helps?

KInd Regards,
Freemake is not bad, but it can only be used either by donating first or installing some adware, not pretty. Actually, there are many online apps can do the video conversion for you, such as zamzar, Acethinker Video Converter, mediaconverter, etc. They are totally free, and you don't have to download or install anything.
Userlevel 7
As @ suggested, I'd try using one of the sites, @. No download required.

Online Video Converter
Clipchamp Video Converter
Zamzar Free File Conversion

If you still want to use the Freemake Video Converter, go ahead and submit a support ticket like Sherry said and they'll address it.

Cheers,
I suggest you to use Tubemate for downloading and converting videos online. No need to purchase or download any software.
It is free fast to use. just give it a try.
I am Use mp3converter.live website for using Download Any video on youtube. because it's fast, secure and easy to use.
Badge +2
You can use savefrom site for converting video.