Solved

Full scan not needed?

• 4 November 2013
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
In my daily deep scan, Webroot picked up something, which is pretty rare for me.
I decided to do a full scan on both my hard drives, and Webroot told me I didn't need to do that.  I decided to do it anyway, and Webroot picked up 2 more threats?
My confidence in the deep scans is a bit shaken.  I wonder if I should be doing a full scan regularly?

Stuart
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 4 November 2013, 13:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello stuartpierce and welcome to the Webroot Commumity!

I would like to hear from some others here, but my own opinion is no: you should not need to worry about running a deep scan with any greater frequency.

While it may have been troubling to find a couple of items in a deep scan, those files have most likely been inactive, not doing anything, and so not a threat.  They may very well be leftovers from something that was already removed or blocked.  If they had become active, and thus a threat, Webroot would have caught them when they were attempting to do thier dirty work.

My own computer is set for a daily deep scan as well, and yes, once in a great while it finds something: usually something buried in temporary internet files or some other place where the file is not actually doing anything, just sitting there.
Userlevel 7
A full scan isnt needed, scanning your entire drive is a waste of system resources and time. The full scan picked up an infection sitting in a location that isnt part of the normal deep scan. However if the infection had run Webroot would have picked up the infection. 
Userlevel 7
Thanks Roy!
Badge +1
Thanks, everyone.