Solved

Google Chrome verses Firefox

Show first post

55 replies

Userlevel 4
:DYes,  you are correct about Chrome and Edge,  that is why I do not use them.  I just went online with Chrome and visit one site less than one minute.  Then I ran CCleaner and there was a lot of junk that had to be clean.

There is a free software call Ashampoo Antispy for windows 10 you can turn off all features that track you,  except Drivers update.
Ashampoo Privacy protector 2015 is free you can clean any tracking.  Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?

Would you make sure you are running the latest Firefox which is version 44.0. Go to the top of the brtowser and you will see Help/About Firefox..click on that and update your browxer and you shouldn't have any problems with Passdword Manager not being signed.
Userlevel 4
😃 Thamk you sooo much 
Webroot Password Mangager now is enable  and Firefox is updated .
Just my humble opinion first  I have not used the " E" browser in foreve !r i would'nt even if they gave me money !
I really like Chrome and I know everyone is going to have a prefference. I like the ease of clearing my cookies and other history with Chrome while other web engines, I think you may need to be a Nasa sceincetist t do it :-)
So Chrome is My choice
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hi Sherry,
Thank you for the helpful  information. I will check it out. I'm a creature of habit and will probably stay with Chrome but who knows I might change.
Thanks again,
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hi Nemo.
Thank you for your input.  Looks like I've got a big decision to make.  
Thanks again. 
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hi Chiparoo,
Thanks for your input. I also like Chrome and have used it for years with no problems.  Who knows it might be time to take the plunge and make a change. 
Thanks again

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hi,
Mine shows grayed out so I don't have it.  I guess it's something I have to pay for in order to add.
Thanks for the info. 
Orion65
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
I have the Webroot Secure Anywhere not the Complete.  I believe that's the next step up in Webroot.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Thanks for all your help.  The product is Antivirus and it does have Shields, Firewall and Web Shield.  
For me Firefox wins easily regarding privacy Google's Chrome track you for Googles commercial purposes Mozilla's Firefox is open source
Userlevel 1
How do I switch to Firefox?
Use Ghostery with chrome. It is free and it will stop web site tracking. I also use Cyberghost VPN. With these enabled, browsing is safe and private.

Chrome, hands down.
I've been using the Chromodo Dragon & Ice Dragon and found them both to be secure and fairly user friendly. I haven't had a look at Firefox for many years, (I used Chrome mostly) so it might be time I revisted it.
A couple of days ago, Firefox did an update and disabled the Webroot Plug-in.  How can I get it working again?
No, that is not it.  The current version of Firefox is 43.0.4.  After installing and relaunching, Firefox disabled the Adobe Flash player Plug-in, and the Webroot Plug-in.  When I went to see why, Firefox said that the plug-in had not been authenticated or something to that effect.  Now when I look at my plug-in's, webroot is not in the list of installed plug-in's.  How Do I get it back?
Sorry, it was called Add-on Signing in Firefox...
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi AZFD,

The most current Firefox is 44.0.

There are 2 Webroot Plug-ins

Do you have these add-ons?
Strainge.  It just updated two days ago.  Now when I try to update, it is not taking me to version 44.  I may have to un-install and re-install.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
So is everything alright now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great! So all is good right?:D

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well it is great to have you here amongst us. So no worries! We are always here to help out.;)
Userlevel 4
😃 I personly like FireFox that is because I have it customize to suit me. I also have Chrome it is true Chrome will track you. I prefer FireFox sometimes there is cliches nothing too serious.  My husband uses Chrome.  I Think both are secure but as it has been said none are perfect.
Userlevel 1
I've downloaded Firefox and used it but much of the time the Chrome icon is on the page. Also, a panel comes up asking me something about Google secrecy. will these disappear if I delete Chrome? Is there anything else I should know?