Got a new note book. Installed Webroot. It does not show icon on computer.

• 15 January 2014
  • 18 replies

• New Voice
  • 8 replies
We installed Webroot on my wife new note book. The icon does not show up on the note book. When I log into my Webrot account it show that I added the note book and that it has been scaned. So is my wife note book have webroot?

Paul

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi PNJ - It looks like it was installed properly on the back end and is registering. Are you missing the icon in your system tray? Can you open Webroot in any way?
HI Mike

No I can't open it on this note book. Yes I am missing the icon in my system tray. I checked the last scan it was dine on the 13th of this month.

Thanks for your help;
Paul
please
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello PNJ and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you check here it's the third one down in the first picture: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C13_Settings/CH13a_SettingInstallPreferences.htm if it is checked then uncheck it and save and go back a put a check in the box and save and that should fix it but if not please reply to let us know!

HTH,

TH  ;)
Thanks HTH. But I'm sorry I don't understand what you sent me. How can I open "Secure Anywhere when It does not show up on my note book? Sorry but I am one of the guys that don't understand computers that much. Its like my wife she knows how to put the car in drive and go. But does not know how to put washer fliud in. I know how to turn on the cumputer and run the programs but I don't know how to look under the hood.

Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry about that on Win XP to Win 7 go to Start / All programs Webroot Folder and click on Webroot SecureAnywhere and if you have Windows 8.1 do it from the Metro screen and if that doesn't work let me know.

TH
we have windows 8
sorry what is a metro screen
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please do a clean reinstall? Download the installer here and make sure you have a copy of your keycode then go to Control Panel/ Programs and Features and Uninstall WSA and Reboot then use the new installer and install put your keycode in and let it finish the install scan and Reboot once again and let us know if the Tray Icon is now showing?

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hi PNJ

What Daniel means is are you using the tile interface rather than what we would all call the Desktop interface that was the main way of interacting with WIndows prior to Win 8/8.1.  And most importantly does the notebook have a touchsensitive screen or is it only accessilble via keyboard and mouse/trackpad?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
sorry what is a metro screen
This is the Metro screen on Windows 8 and 8.1: http://i43.tinypic.com/118g6c9.png

TH
IT HAS A TOUCHSENSITIVE SCREEN
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So can you find the Webroot Tile on the Metro or Start screen like in my picture link above?

TH
Userlevel 7
Daniel/PNJ. I think that this is a case of Swipe DOWN in Apps and then swipe LEFT and there should be a sub heading of "Webroot SecureAnywhere2 with the required icon below it.  Tap & hold that icon and when the charm bar is displayed at the bottom of the screem tap the "Pin to Start" icon...which should place an icon on the main part of the Start Screen...then swipp UP to get to use that.

At least that is how I did it on my tablet.

Apologies if I am seeming to trying to teach my betters to suck eggs...:(

Regards

Baldrick

OK I lookedfor webroot on note book but do not have it. I tried to down load it and now it won't take my keycode number. Ahhhh

Paul
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you wth the keycode problem or @ can look into it for you.

TH
Thanks everyone. I end up sending a tag to support.
Userlevel 7
Hi PNJ

Please post back re. what they find/do to sort you out...as this is one I have not seen before, and as a Win8.1 user I am interested by this.

Regards

Baldrick