Solved

green check marks

• 13 October 2013
  • 4 replies

while waiting for webroot search annotations could i download and use mcafee site advisor or norton safe search as a addon??mk
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 13 October 2013, 22:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Good question.  I think that should work OK as even the full AV's of both of those are compatible with WSA, so I think that will work OK.

Give it a try, as it shouldn't actually hurt anything.  You can always remove the other add-on if need be.  Let us know how it works out!
thx ,any idea when webroot will rollout the search annotations would rather use webroots?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
thx ,any idea when webroot will rollout the search annotations would rather use webroots?
They are rolling it now gradually now, but being a newly redone item it is being done a bit slower than the main 2014 upgrade.  I would say just keep a close eye on the Community here to see when it has been activated for everyone as I don't know how fast the rollout is.

I am guessing that once it does get activated for you, you will see the results of BOTH the other one you install and WSA's at the same time.  I don't know this for sure, but I would expect that the browser would be able to handle displaying the data from both add-ons.
 thx for the info