hacked or not?

I want to know how i got renewal from webroot, i unstalled it about 60 days early and now tonight i get a message saying here is your new key code and download links. and just how in the world did you guys get my card number? i only own 1 computer so why would i want to buy at 59.99 for 3. want my money back will look for something cheaper. refund please.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi blackforce

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear about this and also that you are leaving us...if you look around there are deal on WSA, often for just one device, that are much cheaper.

Anway, not sure how what you are describing has happened, so you had best, if you have not alreadym check with your bank or credit card provider to make sure that a payment has been taken...that is the first thing.  If it has not then there is nothing further to do other than ignore the communication.

But if a payment has been taken then you will need to Webroot (or Best Buy/The Geek Squad...on 1.800.GEEKSQUAD, if your purchase was through them) and request a refund:

US:  1-866-612-4268

UK:  +44 (0) 870 141 7070

If that does not help then do come back here and let us know as in some cases our most excellent Community Manager @ can use his 'magical' powerrs and assist.

Hope that helps...but also hope that you will look around, find a suitably priced deal and stick with WSA. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I see two renewals on your account for the same keycode, so there is definitely some sort of mistake.  Please call in to our customer service and they'll get that sorted out for you:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
1-866-612-4268
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Many thanks for the pickup...I knew you would be able to get to the bottom of this.

Regards, Baldrick