Solved

Has any one else had Unidentified Network issues with Webroot having this issue on win10 x64

Userlevel 3
Has any one else had Unidentified Network issues with Webroot ,having this issue on win10 x64 , Reason I ask have been reading other people having this issue and thier fix was to remove thier AV software.
icon

Best answer by cabrown451 30 June 2016, 19:02

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello cabrown451,

Yes we do usually ask that you do a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,
Userlevel 3
Thanks for the quick response ,problem on the comuter in question has no internet i am on my laptop trying too resolve
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there,

Have you tried resetting your Router/Modem?

You may want to put in a Support Ticket to Webroot or call and see if they can assist here. This is of course a free service with a Webroot subscription.

https://tel:18666124268
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM (MST)

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Userlevel 3
yes that was about my 3rd attempt to reconnect it ,did dns flush netsh resets but nothing has worked yet. was reading an article on windows forum and saw the AV link to the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I am really sorry you are having these issues. Have you tried contacting your ISP and telling them you are having these issues. Otherwise I'm hoping that the Support Team can help you. They usually respond within 24-48 hours.

Userlevel 3
Don't think its my ISP, 2 other computers work fine its just this one suddenly quick working even though the driver say's working properly. thanks though
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing cabrown451,

Please let us know how support goes. You can also use this lhread to add to your support ticket so that you don't have to repeat everything again.
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Has-any-one-else-had-Unidentified-Network-issues-with-Webroot/m-p/259291#M26238
Userlevel 3
Thanks for your help, but have a best guess it is not webroot .removed it but still will not identify network, using belarc shows a totally different IP address than others in my network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you can change that IP addres. I thought resetting the Router would fix that? 

Good luck and maybe someone on the Forum could advise you further on how to correct this. ? or ??
Userlevel 7
Hi cabrown451

Have you tried flushing your DNS cache? A long shot but that may be the issue. If you want to try just open a command prompt with elevated privileges, i.e., Run as Administrator and enter the following command, and press 'Enter':

ipconfig /flushdns

The reboot and retry connecting to the Internet...as I said a long shot but you never know.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
Hey thanks for the reply take note message 5 in this post :)
Hey the response from webroot page is fantastic thanks too all, we will concur this . and then spred the news.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome!  So everything is sorted now? 😉
Userlevel 3
No but You where the closest, waiting to hear from ISP, seems the storm the other day might have damaged a node 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Those storms can do some damage can't they?

Well goid luck and holler of you need anything else! 🙂
Userlevel 3
Just too follow up what happened was lightning struck the house enough to knock out Comcast and to just fry one socket on the switch , which is what had me messed up , every thing had internet except that one socket. new switch was ordered jump it over and computer works fine webroot reinstalled thanks for all the help
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
That's great! You are most welcome!

Have a great day!;)
Userlevel 7
To add to what ? said, you can also release and renew the IP which I've "occasionally" had resolve issues I was seeing.

You can do this by opening the Command Prompt as an admin and and typing:

ipconfig/release 

Press Enter then:

ipconfig/renew

Just something to keep in mind for future use!

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Indeed, James...that would be my next recomendation after a dnsflush...;)

But...is it not:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

😳