HAVE A VIRUS THAT WEB ROOT FOUND & REMOVED ONCE, NOW ITS BACK & WEB ROOT DOSN'T RECOGNIZE THREAT

I upgraded the free version of web root yesterday, I spent over an hr on the phone with a web root tech. He remotely scanned my laptop, found & removed several threats. 2 hrs later the main virus is back, " Music & talking in the backround of my PC" Now when I perform a scan, web root dose not see any threats. I again spent over 2 hrs online with a web root tech, they instructed me to perform certain down loads to assist them in gathering info, which I did, they told me to message them when logs were ready, which I did. 2 hrs later, no replie from web root. since I upgraded my webroot soft ware, my PC runs for about an hr, the whole time with this music & talking in the backround, its doing it as I am typing right now. Then my PC will freeze up for several minutes at a time. this happens every 10 mins or so. What should I do now?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
The support ticket is a better choice as my shift is about to finish and not all the support people use the forum. We may need to connect to your PC and fix this if it is what I think it is. 
Userlevel 7
If it is this infection that I think it is it doesnt cause any system stability issue that you are seeing. I am finished my shift but I will check the logs for HDD errors and other Windows issues. 
Userlevel 7
Hello,

I dont see a ticket about this issue (which we are research right now). This infection is a bit of a nuisence and we are testing a tool that will fix it. Can you send me a message with the email address you used to send to support?
[Email address removed by Moderators.]  Devin B was the agent. he was very good & however the fix only lasted 2 hr.
just be advised, my PC is freezing up every 10 mins or so, it just happened 2 mins ago
Userlevel 7
OK can you get into Safe Mode and see if the PC is more stable. I am going to check the logs in the mean time. 

1. Restart the computer.
2. When you see the black-and-white Starting Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, repeatedly tap the F8 key until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears.
3. Use the Arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
4. When you are asked to login to Windows please login to your account.
Userlevel 7
It looks like the logs that were ran are corrupt. Can you re-run the diagnostic program again please?
Do you want me to stay on this forum, please respond to let me know. Last night I was here & didnot recieve a response for over 2 hrs. when I decided to log off.
ok, doing that now
I completed your instructions, restarted in safe mode, ran diagnostic programs, detected issues in memory files & audio. windows applied fixes. not sure of results. at this moment not having issues, backround noises, freezing. but it usally tsakes a few minutes for this to start. not sure what to do now