HELP! Get this program OFF MY MACHINE!!!!!

• 27 August 2020
  • 9 replies

it will not run, i cannot uninstall it, i cannot install it.

old windows 7 laptop but in good working order

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @roddeyphipps 

Please boot into Safe Mode with Networking and run this to Uninstall! https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

Please let us know the outcome!

Thanks,

It says “Must be logged as an Administrator to do this”

I run up against this no matter what, any time I try to uninstall, and I am already logged on as administrator.

and yes I’ve tried logging on with the default windows 7 administrator account, that does not work either

no matter what, the program tells me I must be an administrator.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @roddeyphipps  did you try in Safe Mode with Networking as I posted above?

After trying in Safe mode and it doesn’t work then it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will get it uninstalled for you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue, it should be 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @roddeyphipps 

You can try the Administrator Command Prompt as well! If it doesn’t work again contact support!

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

Thanks,

I’m trying to contact service to start a ticket and everytime I get this annoying “cookies” pop up; I accept cookies every single time and it keeps coming back.

How can I create service ticket? Is there a direct link?

Even logging onto the home portal and stumbling around on the site and finding the contact link, I click that, and the same thing happens. Cookies pop up.

It’s like your company hates me and wants to torment me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

The cookie issue does not cause the site to not work as I see it all the time when I send in tickets  and I just ignore it! Also we Mods are Volunteers and not Webroot Staff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I’m trying to contact service to start a ticket and everytime I get this annoying “cookies” pop up; I accept cookies every single time and it keeps coming back.

How can I create service ticket? Is there a direct link?

You can find them here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact