Solved

Help Reinstalling webroot with out affecting

I just got several of the webroot Antivirus on the discount (( Yeaa ))   ANYWAY 

I installed it scanned my system and found 1 trojen attached to a program thankfully I did not open / install....

My computer did 2 windows cridical updates at the same time..!  and then things started acting up   I use VPN to access the internet  the one I am currently using is limited time but connects all the time --  My main 2 will not connect any more...

I want to restore my windows to an earlier time just before webroot install with out affecting the 2 other installs left on webroot 
I have not installed them on my kids system yet I want to be sure if I do reinstall windows to an early time and reinstall webroot it will not affect the other 2 

Last time something like this happened My antivirus was cancled because it was installed to many times - 4x's which to me was B/S  All I did was reinstall what was already installed on the same computer   So how do we avoid this happening again ??
I think the Windows update or Webroot  asffected my system some how and I need to go back and figure out what happened.

I now get a message your proxy is controlled by this ?? do you want to delete settings or keep it when I keep it the software (( VPN )) does not work so I have to use Kproxy I get an hour every 12 hours what do you suggest ??  need to reset by 5pm EST NY time thanks 
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 May 2018, 17:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

Your issues sounds very complex for us to actually help you here on the Community so I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket or call Webroot Support:

Toll free: https://tel:+18007729383
Tel: https://tel:+13034423813

Now to try to help you out a bit have you setup your online console? Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console and add the used Keycode in there then you can remove old installs of WSA then you will not get the message that you installed on more then allowed copies of WSA, to learn more please read the info here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm and again it's best to contact Webroot Support.

Thanks,
Ok  Thanks 
No I did not know about the online counsole - But I will do that 
2nd the last time I talked on the phone to Tech support all I got was B/S run around stuff that made no sense etc... the guy on the other end refused to listen just kept spouting off like he knew my problem yet he refused to listen  enough was enough I hung up on him spent the next several years using other antivirus - it worked great just costly - I got a great deal on webroot from several local stores and now we are back using it....

Yes something is not right with my system -- When doing the reinstall  I see 2 critical updates  yet when I go and look at the windows updates they are not there ?? hmm  anyway I will get it figured out just don't want to lose the install 
I try to log into the counsole and it will not let me 
I tried requesting a ticket and it will not let me 

I have tried 15 times over 30/45 min and no email from webroot at all 
Why ?? 
Why can't things with webroot just be simple easy  and NO Issues !!!

I am loged in here used the same password and not allowed in counsole / summpt a ticket 
WHY ??   Makes no sense

Is it possible that in this modern World , you happen to have a telephone? It could be a  land line or a cell phone or even a satellite phone Assuming you have any one of those contraptions you could use it to contact them.
Even though you might be stressed out and tempted to talk to them in a rude and uncivilized manner, rest assured, they will ignore your attitude and treat you in a civil and professional manner.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello gold64bond,

Would you please call Webroot Support here at this number 1-866-612-4227 during business hours.M-F. I believe their hours are 7-6 MST. The support team will gladly help you fix your Account Console. 

Thank you,