Help - Webroot running scan after scan after

• 15 February 2014
  • 4 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
For some reason my webroot keeps poping up a new scan and re-scaanning my PC.
I have 6 popups within 10 minutes even though it tells me the next scan is in 6 hours.

I am running windows XP.

Any help would be appreciated as it is very annoying.

Thank you

4 replies

I am running Secure, Anywhere.
It is not finding threats or anything like that.
Userlevel 7
Hello Kev and welcome to the Webroot Community!

It sounds like the first scan was started by Webroot detecting and attempting to remove a threat.  Once Webroot has detected and removed a threat, it will automatically re-scan to make sure that the computer is now clean.  Following any scan during which a threat was removed, it will again re-scan.

To see if Webroot has detected a threat, you can do a couple of things:

Open WSA
Click the 'gear tool' next to PC Security
Look at the stats listed, particularly Active Threats.
NOTE: The Threats Removed stat is NOT the count of threats removed during the last scan, it is the count of ALL threats removed since the time WSA was installed or since the last time all stats have been cleared.

Cick the PC Security tab
Click the computer that you are having the issue with
Click the Scan Information tab
This will display the last results of the last 10 scans.  Scans that detected a problem will be noted as such.

If both of those areas show no threats are being detected or removed, you might consider either:

Uninstalling and Re-Installing WSA
Submitting a Trouble Ticket to obtain help from Webroot Support.  (This is probably the second option to take, and only if the issue continues following the re-install.)

David
Thank you.
It shows my last 10 scans were clean.
PC was off over night and now back on it seems fine. Yesterday it must of run at least 100 scans. This is not the first time it has done this.
I am going to leave it for a while and see what happens.

Thanks again
Kevin
Userlevel 7
Kevin, 

Thank you for the reply!  If it does start that cycle again, let us know but also try a clean re-install.  Needless so say getting stuck in a scanning cycle when the scans are clean is very highly unusual to say the least :)

I am glad all is well this morning!