Solved

Hi again i have a cuestion about a giveway

Userlevel 2
hi i found this on malwaretips page http://malwaretips.com/threads/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-2014-3-pcs-free-for-6-months.18840/ 

i register here http://www.webroot.com/customersupport/broncostrial.php and recive a serial number  

i download a free trial from here and activated whith that serial number http://www.webroot.com/customersupport/trialregistration.php?loc=usa&lang=en&trpd= 

the cowntdown was 181 days but i want to know if this giveaway or deal applies and be legal and rigth while i collect the money for a paid suscr1ption in a few moths 

the version of antivirus was 8.0.4.68 

i want to know if the version was rigth version and want to know if this deal was legal and want to know if i can use wsa whithout worry
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 5 April 2014, 18:14

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Do not lay out the code in the public domain

That legal action:

http://www.webroot.com/customerSupport/broncosTrial.php?loc=usa
Userlevel 2
sorry i edit the mensaje and delete the code sorry as in mexico says "se me fue" . My concern was if this promo was legal for my country i am from mexico, and products seems to work well and i dont know if the product version was rigth or beta i found it on malwaretips and i see  in this forum have problems because they give a beta download and i dont want a beta, sorry for my bad english but if you can solve my cuestions

That promotion was legal for my country?
Its not a beta?
can i use worry free while i collect the money to paid product?

Thank you for your patience
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
aktiffk wrote: That promotion was legal for my country?
Its not a beta?
can i use worry free while i collect the money to paid product?

On the giveaway page there are no restrictions on countries

"Its not a beta?"

Code for stable version
Download a Copy Here:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Userlevel 7
Hi Alberto

If you have not already then please review the Community Guidelines on what is allowed/not allowed or the customer in this Community.  It is always difficult at first and we have all transgressed a little accidentally...so think nothing of it as I am sure the Guidelines will steer you in the right direction.

And if still unsure then please ask in Forum or you are most welcome to PM me with the question and I will do my best to get back to you with the answer.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Hey thank you  for your information and kindly words and disposition for help 
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
The worst enemy for pc are between keyboard and system

:D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
The worst enemy for pc are between keyboard and system

:D

A kudo for an awesome emoticon Petr!! :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Do not lay out the code in the public domain

That legal action:

http://www.webroot.com/customerSupport/broncosTrial.php?loc=usa
That promo has run out I will let Webrrot know it should be taken offline go to that page and click Official Rules!

"PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion starts on or about 12:00 noon Mountain Time (“MT”) on January 4, 2014 and ends at 11:59 am MT on January 25, 2014 (“Promotion Period”)."

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Remember this post @ ? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Explorer-exe-using-up-to-300mb-RAM/m-p/81579#M5230 you were notified it was expired and you should be telling users it has expired!

Daniel
Userlevel 2
I dont understand i use that code the Day i post here you say promotion expires it meana i can not use that code and my webroot can blocks Or limit his functions Or update?
Userlevel 2
I asi webroot supoort ticket aboit that gibeaway and dont answer i am concern preocupado about my code and use that giveaway areilegaland webroot take actipns agaonts me Or limit prodict functionaloty Or block the code Or mu prodict i entre that giveaway 6days ago and i am from mexico
Userlevel 7
You should be quite safe.  

Since you followed the promotion instructions and received your key code with honest intent,  you did nothing wrong.  The promotion should hve been taken down or disabled when it was over, but that is no fault of yours.

@ can you provide insight on this?
Userlevel 2
It means i dont hace to uninstall webroot and can use whith peace on mind? I ser now is for colorado residens i am wordied i will send a pm to Nick as i say i becer want to stole i am paying exams to my posgrade and want to but webroot in 4 moths Or 3 but i am worried
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP1970 wrote:
You should be quite safe.  

Since you followed the promotion instructions and received your key code with honest intent,  you did nothing wrong.  The promotion should hve been taken down or disabled when it was over, but that is no fault of yours.

@ can you provide insight on this?
It looks like that promotion is expired, so we'll get the web team to redirect the link to something more current.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Nic!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Just to let everyone know, here is the current and upto date WSA free trial offer. And if you register for the offer you'll be entered for a chance to win: Signed Bronco Gear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Just to let everyone know, here is the current and upto date WSA free trial offer. And if you register for the offer you'll be entered for a chance to win: Signed Bronco Gear.

That is the old one click the Official Rules http://www.webroot.com/customerSupport/broncosTrial.php come-on Amit. And see what Nic said above!

Daniel 😠
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

That is the old one click the Official Rules http://www.webroot.com/customerSupport/broncosTrial.php come-on Amit. And see what Nic said above!

Daniel :@
Many apologies. 😳 I got confused. There was a previous offer that lasted upto mid January and the prize were free tickets I think. This one had started from mid January and had signed gear. Both have expired! Massive overlook on my part. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No problem buddy you just have to do your research before you post!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
You start yññto talking about other things ..... I dont understand who you wirte sometimes talk between you zometimes whith me i get confused can i use that brincos Long trial webroot Or hace to uninstall?
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

That is just the way the forum works...different people say different things to each other and sometimes the person who started the thread gets lost.

Perhaps you could ask your question again...which is about whether you should keep installed or uninstalled?  Is that correct?

If it is not then please explain again what you are looking to have answered.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Hi i am very sad i call to webroot united states and tell me if hace a problem whith the licence they e mail me but have a too many complains about other topic

yes my cuestión are for you its this licence good, webroot Works properly, if they dont blacklosted or of the functionality limit and want to know of i can mantain install Or hace to uninstall
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

Sorry that you seem to be going around in circles.

I am wondering if our excellent Community Manager, @ , could investigate this one and see what the actual position is.  Have been through your previous posts and have to agree with David that since you appear to have followed the promotion instructions/received your key code quite normally, you have done nothing wrong as far as I can see.  If you were able to access the promotion and use it then even though it should have expired then that in my view is not your problem.

So I think that you are OK to keep WSA installed and use if for the period of the license...having said that David and I are just volunteers helping out in the Community...we are not Webroot employees/do not work for Webroot, which is why I have tagged Nic to see if he can confirm this/advice officially on your position.

So please be patient whilst this is clarified.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Yes as i say you i dont apeak English and the too many people talking confuses me
the promotion ends
the licence is can be used
blame the broncos
i am mexican and giveaway is for us residents
is confused

you say i can use and install webroot

i dont know of was a fact ir mith but i read in one place if you use a key code by ilegal way the product dont work well and convert you in beta tester you dont recibe updates and was bypassed and infected that says about some av companiea because my worry to use by legal and legitimal way
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

Completely understand what you are saying.

If there was a problem with the keycode then WSA would be indicating it by turning a colour that is NOT green.  So if the program is green you should be OK/protected.

In terms of whether you can continue to use the license we need for Webroot to advise on your situation and that is why I have asked Nic, the Community Manager (who knows all things...;)) to see if he would kindly try to find this out for you.  But as it is the weekend...it may take some time...so please be patient.

Regards

Baldrick