Solved

how can I run webroot on an external hard drive?

• 5 October 2015
  • 8 replies

How can I run Webroot on an external hard drive?
icon

Best answer by illumination 5 October 2015, 13:16

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Are you asking how to literally run Webroot on an external drive or how to scan the external drive with webroot?
Yes, Scan my external drive. Webroot is on my computer and I have a external drive that I use for backup. Yesterday, webroot found a virus on my computer just after I had backed up to my external drive.
Userlevel 6
Open windows explorer with the extrernal drive plugged in, and right click the external drive and click scan with webroot.
 Yes, scan my external drive. Webroot is on my computer and I have an external drive that I use for my backups. Yesterday, webroot foun a virus on my computer just aver I had backed up myexternal drive. So I want to make sure I do not have a virus on the external drive.
Thank you. scanning right now.

Thanks!  That was quick and easy :)  

Hopefully, it caught everything, as I was sharing the external HD from an old Win 7 PC and my Win 10 PC.

Scan my external drive. Webroot is on my computer and I have a external drive that I use for backup. Yesterday, webroot found a virus on my computer just after I had backed up to my external drive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ClarenceThomas 

To be sure your clean please Submit a Support Ticket and they will check to make sure!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,