how can I schedule a custom scan. it seems to only allow me to scan my other partitions as custom

• 8 January 2015
  • 4 replies

i seem to only have the option of scheduling a scan of my C drive.  since i have a D drive partition and other external drives i need to be able to schedule my scan to include these.  otherwise, it's a deal breaker.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
i seem to only have the option of scheduling a scan of my C drive.  since i have a D drive partition and other external drives i need to be able to schedule my scan to include these.  otherwise, it's a deal breaker.
Hello kralen,

EDITED
Here is the USER GUIDE and Scanning http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C2_Scanning/CH2e_Defining_Custom_Scan.htm

Also you can remotely scan your PCs from the Online Console.http://download.webroot.com/SecureAnywhereWebsiteUserGuide.pdf

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi kralen

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The short answer is that unfortunately one cannot currently set up a scheduled scan of any drive other than the drive/partition that your OS is installed on.  I believe that there is a Feature Request open requesting the feature that you are hoping to be able to use in WSA...but unfortunately this is not possible for the moment.

Hope that we will not lose you just because of that...but if we do then perhaps you will come back periodically in the future to see if that feature is avaialble and if so then given WSA a further try.

Regards, Baldrick
This thread is dated from 2015 - its now 2018 and as far as I can see the ability a scheduled can still does not exist.

I was a bit baffled when the initial scan failed to scan 😨 drive (Data) and M: (Music) and only scanned C: (OS) and viewed this as a major flaw.  However custom scan copes with this but this needs to be scheduled.

Please address this product shortcoming
Userlevel 7
Given the way that WRSA, i.e., focuses on preventing malware from activating, the scheduled scanning of drives is a secondary focus, and personally I have never found the lack of being able to schedule a non system drive scan  an issue.

But if you want to try to push for the introduction of this then pop over to the Ideas Exchange and submit an idea for this so that it can be reviewed by the Development Team.

Regards, Baldrick