How do I access Optimizer?

• 6 September 2015
  • 16 replies

When attempting to access 'optimizer' i get the following::Secure Anywhere is currently managed by the web console and all changes need to be applied centrally.Please reffer to the SecureAnywhere documentation for further information"

#1 How do i access 'web console"

#2 WHERE is the SecureAnywhere documentation?

I want to scan my system and set up the schduler.

Help!

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi forgottenvet

Firstly, if you are running the Antivirus version of WSA (I am asking because you have posted in that forum but may be running another version) then you would not have access to the System Optimizer feature...that is only part of the Complete or the Anitivirus for Gamer versions.

Permissions

EDIT: Information removed as not pertinent to this OP's question...see later posts; Baldrick

Documentation

Right, now in terms of documentation there is very good online help test available here.

Scanning & Scheduler

You can scan your system either by (i) clicking on the 'Scan My Computer' button in the main app panel or (ii) by clicking on the gear/cog to the right of the PC Security tab in the main app panel & then using the button under the Scan & Shields tab you will then see.

In terms of the Scheduler just click on the Advanced Settings link in the top right hand corner of the panel and then the Scheduler tab in the list on the left hand side of the page next displayed. This will give you access to all of the schedule-related settings.

I hope that something in my long and rambling reply is of assistance?  But if not then please come back here with further questions and we will try to answer them for you.

Regards, Baldrick

I need the registry key  resent to my email.

i really dont  know what Web root I even have. All i know is they tale out $15.00 a month from my banl account.

I had No idea there was so Many different 'Web-Roots"
I pretty much guessed when i answered the questioneer pror to being able to post a question.

I need some Help.

thanx. 
Userlevel 7
Hi forgottenvet

I am afraid that I do not know what you mean by "I need the registry key resent to my email"?  I am not aware of the need for a registry key in realtion to the running of WSA. If however what you mean in your licence or keycode then you should be able to see it, together with the product & version of WSA installed, by clicking on the 'My Account' tab in the main app panel which should reveal,  Keycode, Product & Version information.

Please see if you can find that and post back.

As for the "they take out $15.00 a month from my bank account." I have to say that I was not aware that one could pay monthly...generally the payment of the subcription is a one off payment for the term of the subscription, and that is taken up front.

Can you advise as to whom the payment is made each month? I do not want to scare you but $15 per month means a yearly cost of a shocking $180 and there is no way as far as I know that Webroot or any of their resellers charge thay much per year.

Perhaps you are getting the use of WSA as part of a bundle from a company that offers an overall 'service' and they use WSA as the security app they install?

Regards, Baldrick
I cant access anything. When I click on 'Mt Account' nothing happens and No, the key code is 'Hidden'
Userlevel 7
Hi forgottenvet

Well, that does not bode well as all of those things should be possible...unless I am missing something.  As I said before please let us know who is charging you $15 for the previlege of using WSA (possibly amongst other things) as this does not seem right to me at all...certainly from a WSA perspective.  I am really thinking that you may be being scammed here but without knowiing who you are paying and for what service (which may include WSA plus other items) I am sorry to say that I am not sure how much more we can do here in the Community.

? ? have you come across anything like this before in your vast experience of WSA?

Regards, Baldrick
I haven't created an account to access my 'Acct details'. I got confused thinking the user ID and password was for access to All of stuff.
Also, I just checked the bank statements and I didn't find any more $15 charges. I believe my wife set up an acct with '1 2 3 Fix' and yes, it had a pmt feature. But, I do think she wad thinking 'Web-root' was the same as '1 2 3 Fix' here is their link>>>https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/welcome/webhelp/EN/CallingCard/Rescue/CallingCard/c_Resc_CC_AboutCallingCard.html
Userlevel 7
Hi forgottenvet

LogMeIn is just a much used app/service to allow suppoert personnel to access a remote machine/system when doing remote diagnosis or investigation, and so as such does not lead us to deduce the likely supplier.

However, I have been doing some digging and have found the following reference (here) to Fast Fix 123, a 3rd party that Webroot has partnered to deliver "Managed Endpoint and Mobile Protection", and I am wondering if these are the people that you Good Lady is referring to?  If so then the good news is that (i) it would seem to be legite, i.e., endorsed by Webrooy & (ii) youare most likely paying for more than just WSA...but I suyspect it would make sense to double check just what you are entitled to for your $15 per month.

Interesting as to how they contacted you, or you them, as from what I can see the relationship is aimed at the Business rather than the Home market; Webroot sell both Home & Business product versions.  And if you have the Business or Endpoint Security version installed then that would explain why what is installed on your system is effectively remotely 'controlled' most likely by Fast Fix 123, and why you cannot see the version of  the licence key.

So to get your keycode you should contact Webroot Support, and let them know this is a FastFix123 keycode then they should be able to get that for you.  Whilst liaising with them you may also want to ask about whether the System Optimizer is avaialble in the version you are running as I am no expert on the Business version, just the Home version.

For your information the WSA Guides re. the Business Edition of WSA can be found here.

But finally, I have to say that I am just hypothesing in relation to the above but hopefully I am not far off the mark and so hopefully where you are/what you have installed?

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards, Baldrick
Yes, on closer look we do have Endpoint Security. So, you are saying we have absolutely No control over Optimizer??
Userlevel 7
Indeed, forgottenvet, it would seem that whilst the fucntionality exists in the Endpoint Security version it is only accessible by the Administrator which I would assume you are not/would be Fast Fix 123...and therefore run as part of their 'managed services' which I am assuming you are subscribed to.

Question is, and perhaps I should not say this, but I wonder exactly what you are getting for your money and whether you might not be better off just using the Complete version of the Home WSA version?  But that is not for me to answer as I do not know what Fast Fix 123 provide you with.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Good Morning to you all, thank you for the @?   I think you hit it right with the mention of Endpoint installations.

The Endpoint has far more control over what areas the 'end user' is able to access withiin the software and what areas they cannot.  The Access Control of the Home version seems to be aimed more at limiting who can adjust the settings of the program, and not so much who can access what parts of it.

Userlevel 7
Hi David, thanks for the clarification Endpoint vs. Home. :D

As I have said earlier in the thread I am no expert in the difference between this products, but given what you say I suppose that the use of the Endpoint by Fast Fix 123 is understandable if they are providing a 'managed service' to their customers as they would want/need to control certain aspects of the way WSA works as part of that service.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
? Reading just a bit MORE, (I admit I read where I was mentioned and replied based on that....) my original reply here was.not really required!  I do now see that you both had come upon the answer of it being the Endpoint without the benefit of my guesswork, but that is OK.  I do like to at least drop in and say hello when "@'d"

I wish you both a good day!  I am now on my way to get some coffee as obviously I have a bit of waking up left to do this morning..

:)
Userlevel 7
Hi David

No worries...it is always good to get confirmation from of our gurus, especvially when the subject at hand is not one of my strongpoints product-wise.  Please feel free to contribute/chip in as and when yo see fit...your input is always greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the coffee...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Thank you my friend.. I will enjoy it once it has finished brewing!  :)

As for the bottom line of this question, I think contact should be made with FastFix123.  ?, if you are able to contact them without being charged anything additional, I think you should so that you can get some better, more definite answers regarding why you are not able to use the Optimizer, and any other specific questions you have regarding use of your copy of WSA. 

Since it appears they hold the service contract, just like Best Buy Subscriptions, while we may do our best to help out here on the Community, there are areas in which we must defer to the service contract owner.  In this case that is FastFix.
Userlevel 7
Indeed, David...that would be the most appropriate thing to do in the current circumstances.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi and Thanx for the reply. 1st off, I still have to create an account to even access Optimizer. 2nd I didn't realize I would have to create another account to make any scans OR adjustments and Iam finding out creating a 2nd acct just to do that isn't all that easy,,,,,,Yah, I screwed that up.