How do I determine if I have a bug in my system? something is shutting down webroot

• 28 March 2015
  • 2 replies

IMNy system was attacked by an external source recently. I had my system scrubbed and examined by Geek Squad. I have noticed that on three different occassions this week I have a warning flag in the lower section of my deskto telling me that my webroot has been disabled and that my system is vernable. Each time I choose the option to enable webroot.  Is there still some bug inside my system? What are my next steps I have a lot of client data on my system and I am very concerned tht it could be stolen. Any thoughts?
this is my first ever posting to the community.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi nlcarter2 and welcome to the Webroot Community,

I would contact support immediately, give them the details, and let the experts investigate and provide you with the next steps.

Submit a trouble ticket

Additional contact information:

Customer Support Contact Info

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Dave
Userlevel 7
Hi nlcarter2

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Whilst I endorse what D_J has suggested I would recommed two other things;

(i) get back in touch with the Geek Squad first as they are your first line of support in this matter, as they should know what they have done to your system and hopefully if it is something that follows on from that they should be better able to disagnose this quicker, if that yields no results then Open the Support Ticket recommended.

(ii) please just check that you keycode is properly activated and if not then reactivate it (let us know if you need help in doing this), as we have had issues in the past, re. the symptoms that you describe, that have been resolved by a check and reactivate.

Please do let us know how you get on/what resolves the issue for you...such feedback is extremely useful to us in the Community re. helping others in the future with either the same or similar issue to yours.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick