Solved

How do I get the task icon onto the taskbar?

• 25 August 2014
  • 9 replies

How do I get the task icon onto the taskbar?
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 25 August 2014, 18:14

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Charly109

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Not sure what you mean by the 'Task' icon.  If you mean this icon:

then you are out of luck if yo are indeed using the Antivirus version of WSA, as this is the Password Manager icon that is only available with the Internet Security Plus & Complete versions.

If this is not what yo are referring to then please advise which icon is causing you the issue.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Just do as in the Picture Below! More info: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C13_Settings/CH13a_SettingInstallPreferences.htm

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

I mean the little green ball with the W.  I actyivated Webroot extension in settings, but still don't get the green ball in the taskbar??
I have Webroot-Secure anywhere
Userlevel 7
Hi Charly109

There are infact 4 'flavours' of WSA, Antivirus, Antivirus for Gamers, Internet Security Plys & Internet Security Complete...and they have the same basic protection features but differences in the ancilliary features they offer...please see this web page for details.

To know which version you are using click on My Account in the main panel and you should see the following:

From that please let us know what you have marked against 'Product'.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I mean the little green ball with the W.  I actyivated Webroot extension in settings, but still don't get the green ball in the taskbar??
Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and please follow the following steps closely:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes this one

Please try the reinstall I suggested above.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I mean the little green ball with the W.  I actyivated Webroot extension in settings,ut still don't get the green ball in the taskbar?? b
Hi Charly109

With apologies to Daniel for sticking my nose in but...when you say "actyivated Webroot extension in settings"...exactly what setting did you activate, and was it from settings or advanced settings?  I ask as I am still unclear as to exactly what you issue is and which icon we are talking about.

Apologies...butbI just had to ask...to get my own head straight on this one.

Cheers, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
I mean the little green ball with the W.  I actyivated Webroot extension in settings,ut still don't get the green ball in the taskbar?? b
Hi Charly109

With apologies to Daniel for sticking my nose in but...when you say "actyivated Webroot extension in settings"...exactly what setting did you activate, and was it from settings or advanced settings?  I ask as I am still unclear as to exactly what you issue is and which icon we are talking about.

Apologies...butbI just had to ask...to get my own head straight on this one.

Cheers, Baldrick

I assume what I asked him to do here? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/How-do-I-get-the-task-icon-onto-the-taskbar/m-p/142187#M7705

Daniel