Solved

How do I reset the password for the advanced settings tab in webroot?

• 12 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm trying to change settings in the Desktop access control menu.

I know the password for my webroot account on the web, but I can't make changes within the Desktop application itself using that same password.

I would like to be able to reset the Desktop App password. 

I have tried using the app Advanced settings (Access Control) to Reset to Default but it stops me right there by asking for my password, which I don’t have.

Can someone help me with this please?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 December 2021, 14:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @nosteele 

Go to your online Webroot account and make sure the device is set to User Configuration! https://identity.webrootanywhere.com/v1/Account/login

See here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_website_userguide/wsa_managementwebsite_userguide.htm#UsingPCSecurity/EditingPCSecuritySettings.htm

User Configuration — Security settings are controlled by the main interface on the computer.

Then do a few scans and wait about 30 Minutes then try to change your settings within the Webroot Client.

From one of my Systems!

If that doesn't help just reply back!

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for your response,

I was able to make sure that my online Webroot account is set to User Configuration.

What I cannot do is find where I find that on my Windows PC Webroot app 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thank you so much for your response,

I was able to make sure that my online Webroot account is set to User Configuration.

What I cannot do is find where I find that on my Windows PC Webroot app 

It’s not on the Webroot App. If you password protected the app and can’t remember the password then you will have to contact Webroot Support directly for help!

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Thanks,