How do I save passwords without using Webroot add-ons

• 27 August 2015
  • 2 replies

I just started using my Webroot & can't save my sign-in information on sites I want to. Could you please help me? I do not want to use Webroot Add-ons. Thank You

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Mar, welcome to the Community!

There are many options for saving passwords, from Password Managers like Webroot's, to other third party toolbars as well.  One of the most popular third party password managers is LastPass, which is actually what Webroot's is, under license from LastPass.

If you do not want to use a third pary toolbar to save your passwords, most browsers also support a funciton to save passwords, however this is far less secure, and does not work on all sites.   You also must be careful when clearing browser data to not also delete those saved passwords.

As for how to do it within the browser, that will depend on what browser you are using, but it will be somewhere within the broswer settings.

I hope this helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
I would just add that I find KeePass an excellent choice for saving and encrypting passwords. It is very lightweight, does not rely on a browser toolbar and is open source. Perhaps not as user-friendly as the browser embedded software solutions but you store your data locally (can be on a USB) and not in the cloud.