How do I update Webroot SecureAnywhere?

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 2071 replies

Question

Answer

By default, it will update itself, and you won't need to worry about it.  However, if you deactivated automatic updates from General Preferences, you can manually check for updates yourself.

To check for SecureAnywhere updates:
  1. Open SecureAnywhere. 
  2. Click the Gear icon next to My Account.
  3. Click About SecureAnywhere
  4. Click Check for software updates. If a newer version exists, Webroot downloads the update to your system. [img]https://d1qy7qyune0vt1.cloudfront.net/webroot-en/attachment/20008iF6F37D342BC0383B.png[/img]
If you disabled automatic updates and you need to re-enable them:
1. Open SecureAnywhere. 

2. Go to Advanced Settings > Install Settings

3. Check the box for "Automatically download and apply updates." 

4. Then click Save, enter the Captcha,a dn you can now exit this screen.

2 replies

I would like to know the difference between the complete virson and the free virson? I am using it on my tablet and was installed by the best buy geek squad. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Ade777

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If by 'free' you mean by a version for whcih you have a Trial license then during the trial period the full functionality of the version is available, but once the trial expires then WRSA will SCAN for malware but it WILL NOT prevent it or remove it.

By the way...Webroot does not offer a Free version of WRSA.

In terms of comparison between the versions of WRSA (and this is the Webroot version rather than the Best Buy version) please see HERE for a table that lists the key features and which version has them.

Finally, I should just clarify what I mean by Webroot version and Best Buy version; Best Buy have their own version of WRSA, which is unique to them and no one else sells it BUT Best Buys sells BOTH the Webroot standard versions AND their own version. There is only one version of the Best Buy version so there is nothing to compare it to.

To tell the difference you need to look at the location highlighted below on the main panel:

In that area you will have the Best version if you have a reference to the Geek Squad, but if you have the above then you will have the Webroot version of WRSA installed.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings