Solved

How do you delete Deactivated PCs from the console

• 27 June 2013
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
On the security console I see that I  have numerous deactivated PC`s. This is only because,  during each  reinstall of Windows OS - and I`ve had to do a lot lately due to hardware issues etc, I use a different PC name. So they have sort of accumulated over time. Any way of deleting them?
Kind Regards
George
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 27 June 2013, 21:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi George,

A Webroot Staff member can do it here or you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you also! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
That actually no longer needs to be performed by a staff member.  Instructions are available in this tkb which explain how to deactivate a PC.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
That actually no longer needs to be performed by a staff member.  Instructions are available in this tkb which explain how to deactivate a PC.
It sounds like he wants the Deactivated ones removed from the console in which we can't do ourselves?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
That's what he wants, yes.  But that's also what "deactivate" does.

Userlevel 7
Oh, I see now.  My mistake.  Looks like he wants the deactivated list cleared out.  That's an unusual request since the deactivated list is just a historical list and doesn't do anything other than serve as a historical marker.  But yes, if you want that list cleared out, going through the support system is optimal.  Or @ if you can private message me the names of the ones you want removed and the email address of the user in the console, I can take a look at that for you.
I solved the problem about how to deactivate a PC from the console.

!  Login to console.
2 Click on PC Security tab.
3  Click on the PC you wish to deactivate. Then click on the word COMMAND at the right of the three options and go to the bottom abd click on DEACTIVATE and then on the word CONFIRM.

It has worked like a treat for myself.

Take care.

Paul
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum DrLadd. :D

I'm glad to see that you found how to deactivate a computer from your console like posted in this KB Article

You may also want to read the Getting Started Guide for the forum. 😉