Solved

How do you know when you need to update or upgrade?

Userlevel 1
  • Fresh Face
  • 4 replies
I got an email that says i need to renew my subscription, but when i check for updates i am told the software is up to date.
Do i need to update or do i need to upgrade?

Thanks,

PH
icon

Best answer by RW 9 March 2013, 03:45

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello RW and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Open the main GUI and under My Account how many days does it say you have?

TH
Userlevel 7
Hi RW and welcome to the Community!

You probably dont need to upgrade at renewal time.  WSA automatically updates you to the most recent version.  Every time there is a new version or patch released, it is automatically upgraded on your computer.

If you are running an old legacy product from 2011 or earlier, then you may need to upgrade.  You can find more information about 2011 and previous products upgrade paths at this link.
Userlevel 1
thank you for replying, it says 331 days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
thank you for replying, it says 331 days.
Do you have more than one License Key that could be expiring?

TH
Userlevel 1
I don't know. I purchased this software several times, I probably do. THanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I don't know. I purchased this software several times, I probably do. THanks
It's best to wait till tomorrow during the day MST time and a Webroot Staff member can look into your account to see what's up? ;)

Regards,

TH
Userlevel 1
I will do that, thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You're very welcome! :D

TH
Userlevel 7
It is indeed the case that you have multiple keycodes. One of them has significantly fewer days and is nearing expiration, which is why you are receiving the messages. Since you purchased a new copy, presumably to replace the old one, you do not need to worry about the renewal messages concerning the old account.
Userlevel 1
I got an email from Customer Support about moving the days from the keycode about to expire to the one with more days so I can only have 1 keycode. I hope this solves the problem. Thank you