How do you roll back the update?
This "update" to the "new & improved" Webroot has a marked loss of functionality compared to the older version. An example is the lack of whitelist control for websites. How does on roll back the update?
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
As for the web whitelisting, you can still do that deleting an entry from file WhiteList.txt in c:ProgramDataWRDatawrUrl
However I agree that this is not so convenient and smart way. Webroot agrees and is gonna to improve the web shield including the better way of websites whitelistening.
The necessary steps would be:
1. Use System Restore to to return to a system state before WSA updated to the 2014 version.
2. Make sure that your internet connection is disconnected so you don't immediately and automatically update again.
3. Go to Settings/Advanced Settings/Basic Configuration
4. Untick "Automatically download and apply updates"
5. Restore your internet connection
As I say, I certainly wouldn't recommend this, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Or am I missing something??
However, there is no public archive of old versions and forum members are not able to redistribute old installers.
Although i understand where youre coming from, I'dlike to hear the exact issues youre having,