Solved

How to allow downloads from trusted sites?

• 22 July 2015
  • 6 replies

A website that I have been going to every day for about 3 years to download the daily puzzle will not download since installing Webroot. These files are not infected. I keep getting a false positive for an infected file. I can't set it to allow a file name as the name changes daily. I cannot find where the setting is (if any) to allow DL's from trusted sites. Any and all help is very much appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 23 July 2015, 13:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ReggieM

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There is no way to indicate to WSA that a site is a trusted site, and therefore your best best is to Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know about the false positive/see what they can do about it.  The opening of the ticket will upload the Scan & Threat Logs from your system (and that is all) from which they should be able to determine what the issue is.

Regards, Baldrick

I am seeing a lot of issues from people with same problem, me included. I really think there is a defect in their product.

Userlevel 7
@, please reach out to our Customer Support Team so they can provide you with the best assistance possible.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket

Thanks! :cathappy:
Userlevel 7
Hi TLW

IMHO it is better to be safe than sorry and therefore WRSA checking a website it is accessed is a good thing, and to be honest in most cases 99% of sites visited will not be an issue. If the website warning page does appear one can either override the warning (not advised in most cases) and/or one can also request that Webroot review the reputation attributed to the site (useful if one believes that reputation attribution is incorrect).

For the above reasons IMHO the way WRSA works is not defective in relation to this.

Regards, Baldrick
Well, every site I have gone to would not allow me to download anything including usajobs.gov, my yahoo email for a pic sent to me, carefirst for documents I need to complete and return etc. Not only on Chrome but Explorer. Webroot techs have taken up hours of my time to no avail.  I had no choice but to uninstall webroot and re-install mcafee.  Problem solved.
Userlevel 7
Sorry to hear about that TLW. Interestingly I was going to suggest that you uninstall/clean reinstall to see if it might be an issue due to a faulty install.

Clearly this is something quite specific to your system/configuration as I have not heard of this being reported previously.

Perhaps you will give WRSA a further go at some point in the future as it is way better than McAfee, in my humble opinion/experience.

Regards, Baldrick