Solved

How to disable popup that blocks screenshot

• 1 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hey all-
I just installed WSA a few weeks ago.
At the end of each month, and at the end of the year (like right now),  in addition to downloading spreadsheet data from G Analytics, G Webmaster, and any earned income, I also grab screenshots of most of the info for quick visual reference.
Webroot keeps blocking the screenshot with a popup that I have to click each and every time I try to get a screenshot. It's really annoying. How do I disable this?
Thanks.

Here's the popup:

icon

Best answer by bjm_ 1 January 2019, 15:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello wrav,
This is a new pop-up I've never seen before. I would get in contact with Webroot Support.
Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

pop-up occurs with screen capture for example 'prt sc' + uncheck Shield - Allow trusted program to access protected data without warning

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Hey all-
I just installed WSA a few weeks ago.
At the end of each month, and at the end of the year (like right now),  in addition to downloading spreadsheet data from G Analytics, G Webmaster, and any earned income, I also grab screenshots of most of the info for quick visual reference.
Webroot keeps blocking the screenshot with a popup that I have to click each and every time I try to get a screenshot. It's really annoying. How do I disable this?
Thanks.

Here's the popup:

That pop-up is because the Identity Shield blocked something form capturing a screen shot. Where you trying to take a screen shot and if so what Screen snapshot software are you using? I use Snagit and it works quite well. See here: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingIdentityProtection/ManagingIdentityProtection.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%2520Identity%2520Protection%7C_____1

Also you can allow your screen capture software to the Allow list and will stop the blocking with your said program!

More info here as well: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Identity-Shield-Deep-Dive/ta-p/142243 and here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-allow-a-trusted-screen-capture-program/ta-p/10498

Thanks,
Userlevel 2
Thanks bjm, TripleHelix, and ProTruckDriver -

I don't use any particular screen capture software for getting the screenshot - I just use Alt-printscreen, then paste the screenshot into Photoshop Elements to resize and save it. PSE is already a trusted program so I don't think that was causing the popup.

I don't want to disbale the entire Identity Shield, so I'm going to try bjm's answer and reenable the trusted programs checkbox to see if that works.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.