How to get free trial version?

• 17 May 2020
  • 8 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I’m trying to download and install the trial version.

But whenever I try doing this, I don’t receive any email. Yes I fill all information requested in that web page, yet nothing happens then. I somehow managed to download wsainstall.exe but it asks for a license.

The fact that I received email to activate my account on this community proves that emails from Webroot come to my mailbox. So this is not a issue.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @AVT 

Have you tried to get the free version here? https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/promotions/90-day-offer if so then I will ping @khumphrey to see if he can help you.

Have you checked your email Spam Folder to make sure it’s not in there?

Thanks,

This is exactly the page. And like I wrote:

The fact that I received email to activate my account on this community proves that emails from Webroot come to my mailbox. So this is not a issue.

So no, SPAM folder is empty.

Today I tried again with the same result, actually no result.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

This is exactly the page. And like I wrote:

So no, SPAM folder is empty.

Today I tried again with the same result, actually no result.

We will see what @khumphrey  or @freydrew  has to say! Maybe it’s something on the back end?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @AVT ,

I just signed up for a trial to test this for myself. Upon confirming my info for the trial, I was sent to a screen that has the keycode right there on the page. I also received an email from webroot containing that same keycode around 2 minutes later. So as far as I can tell, nothing is going wrong on the back-end.

For now, maybe try signing up again using a diff email and copy/pasting the key code from that first web page you’re directed to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks @khumphrey for checking on it!

Like I said, I has never been sent to screen with keycode. And certainly I never got an email with the same content. Upon clicking on "Start free trial” I see two green dots floating over dimmed screen. That’s all.

It’s worth to mention that I tried several times from different computers - no way as can get anything useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@AVT ,

Have you tried doing it on another browser like firefox or chrome? Are you running any adblockers that you can turn off?

Certainly! I’ve just tried on Yandex.Browser and Vivaldi with absolutely the same symptoms - green dots running circle and nothing more. Again, this is not the first Windows host where I tried filing this form, all in vain. 

Look, this is devastating. I didn’t deserve wasting so much time on one AV software. I haven’t even tried purchasing it. :rage:  Seems like I should stay on current preferred Dr.Web Security Space. :thumbsup:

BTW, is there a reason why people in the US are automatically opted-out receiving emails while citizens of other countries should subscribe? :hushed: