• 13 replies

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*edit by admin is just for subject line searchability*
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 12 September 2013, 20:27

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello waya and welcome to the Webroot community!

All issues related to infections need to be handled via support, so please be so kind and open a support ticket.
Userlevel 7
Top Arcade Hits is considered a PUA (potentially unwanted application).  It can be removed by uninstalling it via the control panel and then removing the extension from your browser.

1. Remove via Control Panel

Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
Click Uninstall a program or Add and Remove Programs.
In the list of installed programs, search for Toparcadehits.  Once located, highlight it in the list and click the Uninstall button.

2. Remove the Extensions

Chrome: Click the customize icon (the wrench).  Go to Tools > Extensions.  Find Toparcadehits and click the trash can icon.

Firefox: CTRL+SHFT+A will bring up your extensions list.  Click Remove on the entry for Toparcadehits.

Internet Explorer: Click Tools and then Manage Add-ons.  Locate Toparcadehits in the Toolbars and Extensions tab and choose to remove it.

The support ticket is also an option, but this one is pretty simple to take care of manually.  🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Another PUA "Potentially unwanted application , a type of privacy-invasive software" issue lovely in which is not an infection you have to be careful what you install and uncheck any unwanted Add-ons.

Comparison to malware
The term privacy-invasive software is motivated in that software types such as adware and spyware are essentially often defined according to their actions instead of their distribution mechanisms (as with most malware definitions, which also rarely correspond to motives of, e.g., business and commerce). The overall intention with the concept of privacy-invasive software is consequently to convey the commercial aspect of unwanted software contamination. The threats of privacy-invasive software consequently do not find their roots in totalitarianism, malice or political ideas, but rather in the free market, advanced technology and the unbridled exchange of electronic information. By the inclusion of purpose in its definition, the term privacy-invasive software is a contribution to the research community of privacy and security.

TH  ;)
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim & Daniel for the great posts. Didn't recognize that the reported infection is in fact PUA.

Jim, how about creating a KB article about removing PUAs ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks Jim & Daniel for the great posts. Didn't recognize that the reported infection is in fact PUA.

Jim, how about creating a KB article about removing PUAs ...
Actually there is one: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744#.UjCobj-c44I

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Ohhh my bad. Thanks Daniel for waking me up. Being on phone and drinking Merlot wine I didn't search in KBs before posting. My apoligies.
My Webroot is not getting the MIXI.DJ VIRUS off my computer. Help
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello bagerton and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Please do the same as above as it's a PUA not an infection. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744#.UjC4Xj-c44J

And please report back. ;)

HTH,

Daniel
Daniel, thanks so much I will try it when I get home. It is own my personal laptop. The problem is I can't click on any icon without it going into never never land.

thanks so much to WebRoot for supporting LLS. We have a big event in Mobile for it.

Bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks but please let us know if it got removed after doing the steps!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
will do. I just printed the instructions.

thanks,

Bill
Daniel,

thanks so much. Mixi.dj is gone.

Bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Daniel,

thanks so much. Mixi.dj is gone.

Bill
Great to hear Bill and thanks for the reply to let us know.

Have a great day!

Daniel 😉