Solved

How to Recover WSA, when temp disabled?

• 27 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Yesterday I uninstalled my scanner software from Add Remove/Restart Now-

When Win started a transparent WSA GUI flashed twice (took no action???).

Then about 12min after startup I get a Win Notification saying all AV’s are OFF Check Now, and WSA is back on.

Then today on 3d Reboot I get the same 2 WSA flashes, and 12 min notification!

This is why I left WSA last time!- What should I do different?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 1 February 2021, 19:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @scottls59901 

Please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out as it’s more than we can deal with on the forum.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
  • Thank you!- I can see my problems may be from Improper installation!?- I’ll try again, after you answer some questions?-
  1. Created Online Console Acct., and added A/N Keycode.
  2.  Can I Download a Copy Now, or after Uninstall?
  3. Last time after install- The WSA GUI opened/ It said a scan had been run a couple of min. earlier- Should I Manual Scan again Twice?   I then got a Win notification saying to  check AV status (done!).  I started checking settings,  and the GUI auto-closed???
  4. Should I Reboot before opening Edge (Default, but don’t use) /Google Chrome Browsers, and setting up Web Shield...? 
  5. Another issue I had- On cold startup, Chrome or Scanner GUI would sometimes auto-open?
  6. I wish I could turn off auto # formatting!?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @scottls59901 

Can you please do a clean reinstall to see if that helps?

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Look to see if this folder is gone: C:\ProgramData\WRData and if it’s there delete it. (Hidden Area)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,