Solved

How to Reinstall Webroot

• 28 September 2013
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 1
  • New Voice
  • 8 replies
I'm new to this community and can't find anywhere on the community page where I can post a message. I had to scroll to someone's name, specifically yours, to even find a posting screen.

Can you help me. My name is Jan. Thanks

*edit is just for new post title, as this topic was moved from another topic - admin
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 29 September 2013, 00:54

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Jan and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Can you try this link to see if it works? JimM[/b][/u] can help you!

Thanks,

TH

*edit is just for new post title, as this topic was moved from another topic - admin
Userlevel 1
I've used these forums before but this one blows my mind. Here's my problem. I bought a new desktop b/c my other one died. I can't unstall Webroot from the old one b/c it's dead so how do I install Webroot on my new computer. I also have it on my laptop which is what I'm using right now.. I can't get in touch with anyone at Webroot support. They're closed today. Hope you can help me.

Userlevel 1
Hey JimM, I'm new here and can't find out how to post a msg to you without clicking on someone else's post. I need some info and hope you can help me. My name is Jan. If you post to me I'll look for your post. Thanks, Jan

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I've used these forums before but this one blows my mind. Here's my problem. I bought a new desktop b/c my other one died. I can't unstall Webroot from the old one b/c it's dead so how do I install Webroot on my new computer. I also have it on my laptop which is what I'm using right now.. I can't get in touch with anyone at Webroot support. They're closed today. Hope you can help me.
Do you have your Keycode and is it the same one on your laptop as you can copy the keycode under my Account? Also did you setup your My Webroot Online Account?

TH

Userlevel 7
Hi Jan,
Clicking either Quick Reply or Reply under any post in this topic will allow you to post into this topic, as you have done.  If you're looking to reply to only me via private message and don't want to have a public conversation, please click here to start composing a private message to me.  I'd love to know if my prior post has been helpful to you so far.  :)

Userlevel 1
I didn't see your prior post. Also, when I clicked to send a private message to you, it looked to me like it was going to your facebook page. I'm not a facebook subscriber. Forgive me if I seem a little 'dense' but I'm a senior citizen and definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to all this new technology. However, I'm really not a complete idiot either. I guess I fall somewhere in the middle between average and stupid. :)

Userlevel 1
I went to the My Webroot Onlne Account and it won't even let me log in. I tried to re-register and it won't let me. It says my keycode is already registered.

As you suggested, I posted to Jim M and if you believe he is the one who can help me then I don't want to bother you anymore. I will see what Jim has to say.
Thanks for your help. I hope I won't have to come back to bug you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Jan when Jim replies to a PM just look at the little envelope by your name at the top right.

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Ok, I got all of these various posts together in one topic now.  :)

So, the issue is that you need to reinstall Webroot, but you're concerned because your old computer is no longer usable and you can't remove Webroot from it.

Good news!  You don't have to worry about the old computer at all.  Computers that can't be booted up don't do a license check because they can't get online.  So we're not going to count that one against your license activations anymore.  To install on the new computer, use this installer: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

I'm sending you your keycode via private message in case you don't have it.  🙂
Userlevel 7
Just to complement TH ... or you can also subscribe in My Settings -> Subscriptions & Notifications and you will be receiving mail notifications to your mailbox that a reply, a PM message etc. is available :D 
Userlevel 1
Thanks so much for your help Jim. In installing my new computer I found out it already has Norton Security installed which I assume will be for a limited amount of time. Can I still install my Webroot security?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks so much for your help Jim. In installing my new computer I found out it already has Norton Security installed which I assume will be for a limited amount of time. Can I still install my Webroot security?
Yes you can but if Norton asks you to remove WSA just ignore the message and when it does run out make sure you uninstall Norton with the help of there uninstaller Norton Removal Tool: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Software-Removal-Tools/m-p/27608#M455

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
Daniel,

You and JimM are the best. I'm impressed with your eagerness to help and your prompt responses. I just can't thank you guys enough. Have a great day.

Jan
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Jan,

That's nice of you say we try our best to help users to get the Best experience from Webroot SecureAnywhere!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jan! 🙂
I'M TRYING TO REINSTALL MY WEBROOT ON MY COMPUTER.
HOW DO I REINSTALL MY WEBROOT ON MY COMPUTER ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello PAMDYER

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Is Webroot installed on your computer right now? If so follow below:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If you need to reinstall please follow below

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Reboot
If you are still having issues then you can Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with an active Webroot subscription.

Hope this helps?

re install webroot on my computer, can you help ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi PAMDYER

Sure follow these instructions below:

• KEEP the computer online for the install to make sure it works correctly
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Reboot
Hope this helps?