Solved

How to report a Malicious URL without having WSA installed

• 28 February 2013
  • 38 replies

Show first post

38 replies

Userlevel 4
Hmm.. the link is working again, and I checked it with Brightcloud. It says it is suspicious. The only buttons that work on the page are where you enter your ID, and password. The IP address of the host server is different than that of Facebook. The original URL I sent Tripple Helix last night redirected you to the page. After I sent it to him last night I noticed the redirect page was no longer working. Now it's working again. The first part of the URL begins app.facebook.........  I was wondering if this was some mobile version, but that redirects you to the URL I believe to be malicious.
Userlevel 7
Please update your support case with this information and we'll take another look. The information in the case is that the link was inactive when we last attempted to check it.
Userlevel 4
Also if i'm already logged into Facebook the page shows me not to be logged in, and wants my login ID, and password.

Btw.. I don't see an option to edit a post. Where's the button at to edit a post.

Userlevel 4
Ok, I will update the support case now.
Userlevel 7
If you click "options" at the top right of your post, you'll have an "edit reply" option.
Userlevel 7
TH and I had quite a chat about it last night. It appears to be an attempt to steal Facebook login information. Chrome browser blocked it for me. I think, but am not sure. That it uses an app hosted on the site but is by a 3rd party.

It is actually pretty well done and could easily fool unwary users.
Userlevel 4
I just sent the new URL by the updated support ticket.
Userlevel 4
I looked under option for a button to edit post.. That option was not there last night or a moment ago. I disabled ABP, and Ghostery plugins. Now the edit post option is there. I suspect one of them was interfering with page functionaility.
Userlevel 4
Here is a screen shot of Bright Cloud results 

*Image revoked due to visible address of likely phishing site.  Please do not post links or images of links to potential threat sites. Thanks, 🙂 - admin
Userlevel 4
Someone finally answered my post at Wilders, but it was not Eset staff. It's difficult to get them to answer anything these days. I'm glad the support is outstanding here! I just reported it to Eset as a phishing site.
Userlevel 4
Eset is already blocking the page now. That was fast! Wish I could install WSA on this machine to see it in action :(  It want work with this machine though, and Webroot has already addressed that issue. I use Shadow Defender, and those two will not work together on this Laptop. On other machines they will play well together, but not this one.
Userlevel 7
Regarding the conflict, it was determined back in October that Shadow Defender was the cause of the BSOD after our lead developer took a look at the crash data. It was suggested to follow up with Shadow Defender. I see Shadow Defender has started releasing updates again. Have you contacted them?
Userlevel 4
Yes, I contacted them. I was doing some testing on this machine for them. I no longer have a BSOD with WSA, and SD using the latest version of SD. The only problem is now I can't boot at all if the two are installed. I installed the latest version of WSA two days ago, and I was unable to boot after that. I rolled my machine back using a recent backup image I made. I'm not saying the problem is with Webroot at all.