Solved

How to scan whith webroot complete scan. What happen if i have the browser open?

Userlevel 2
Another cuestion Supouse i am browsing and see something suspicious, Now on day i see a suspicious thing a fake flash player install, i see that and i still worried because i think it installs on my computer. I am a litle paranoid and think if i see in some situationns a spot of posible rougue ware and i think it installs on the machine (no mater what machine), as you can se not ever you can not close all windows or terminate browser process whith task manager.  And it worries. Now if i persorm a full scan the temp files of browsers obviously are in use and have the posibility webroot skip its. Did i have to close the browsers. Can i do an more agressive scan in safe mode whith network conection?  i wait your answers and always good bless you 
icon

Best answer by EDLTA41LO98A3 24 April 2014, 01:35

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello aktiffk , To me this sounds like a good question. I'll have to try in safe mode to see if WSA will scan files..unless @ or @  or @ are available for this question. 

I'm not sure if Im answering your question correctly..but you can go into safe mode, networking and do a complete scan with WSAC. Scan from browsers, without browsers. WSAC works all the time scanning.

Regards,
Userlevel 2
Thanks i iwll wqit then too more opinions
Userlevel 7
All running processes are scanned so it doesnt matter if your browser is open or closed. I am not sure if you are talking about drive-by downloads but that is covered by the identity shield and eventually the main program itself (journalling will take over). A deep scan is the standard and recommened scan. A full scan is a waste of system resources and user time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Rakanisheu, Roy, Thank you for clarification and back up..
Userlevel 2
Ok process but files as i say you now on say i see a take flash Player on browser obiously i dont install but its needed to close browser to ser of are any trace of this? Worry Bad wnglish
Userlevel 7
Flash player requires the browser to be closed in order to install correctly. Thats normal behaviour for Flash 
Userlevel 2
No thats not a true flash Player is a fake i gobto one site have chrome and ie they are flash embebed and that website who dont remember says install flash Player whith flamant ads like rogué ware because that i am worried webroot dont block that site qnd i reand somewhere thats take flash are like a drangerous rogue
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi aktiffk, can't you uninstall that Flashplayer from Programs/Add Remove in control panel and then go to FlashPayer Adobe website and install fresh..Not sure what your issues are...
Userlevel 7
I think I see where you are going with the roque ware with Flash Player.  You may be seeing the paid advertising applications that Adobe now usually tries to include with the legit download of Flash.

Flash itself is generally considered safe as long as you keep it up to date.  Install ALL available updates as soon as they are released.

Adobe has to pay for the free software somehow, and they do it by allowing 3rd party software to be installed as well, but note you CAN reject these add-ons.

Read everything carefully, usually there will be several 'check boxes', all of which are already checked.  only ONE of them is required for the Adobe software, the rest are giving permission to install the junk.  Remove the checks from those.

I may be incorrect in my reply, but I think that is what you were seeing... 

If you want more information regarding these applications that are offered as 'free trials', or otherwise included with a legit download of Adobe Flash, let me know.  :)  (We commonly call this roque, crap stuff PUA's)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @ Great information...thanks
Userlevel 2
Yeah obiously as flash as embebed on ie and chrome i dont hace in control panel.
David i see a website who request flash Player cell Phone number and too many flashong ads and drancerous because that i am worried i kill chrome task and reboot use chrome a while clean temp files and continúe use now i am hwlpong my cousin whith his thesis i rip a dvd and while plain to do a full scan whith mbam and webroot. Do you think i have something Bad ? Idont see nothing but obvious that was a Bad website secon i close browsers and continúe use word and rip soft did i have to stop it during both scans?
Userlevel 7
It sounds like that website ifself simply was requesting the information and causing the popups.  Some sites do that, and in this case it probably should be marked as suspect.

You may want to consider requesting that Webroot review the page and re-classify it as a risk so that it will be blocked in the future.

Please refer to Rakanisheu's reply HERE for instructions on how to do this.

As for do you have something bad.. it does not sound like it.  It sounds like you did the right thing when presented with a potentiall bad popup or site: you ended the process to avoid clicking anything.  That is sometimes the best way to make sure that you do no get infected from a malicious pop up.
Userlevel 2
Thanks broni will check of hace that site on my historial because delete tempsnif i found i report and bro can you help me whith my other treat? I dont understand the blocked supervised and alloe files feature i explain situation in other threat of you can please and thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As already mentioned Full Scans are really unnecessary the Default Deep scan is all you need to do as WSA's realtime shield is always keeping a watch on your system if you feel you are infected with Rogue Flash update just Submit a Support Ticket and they will let you know. Also the only place you should be getting any Adobe updates is from Adobe itself on the right hand side http://www.adobe.com/downloads.html also here from Adobe http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Daniel

EDIT: Also since your using Windows 8.1 you don't need any Flash updates for IE as you get it from Windows Update and if you have Chrome when Flash is updated Chrome will install a new version of Chrome with the updated Flash if you use any other Browsers like Firefox then you have to have to download the Flash Update for Plug-in Browsers only!
Any idea's on how to fix a non functioning History execution advanced? edlta41lo98a3
Userlevel 7
Hi EDLTA41LO98A3

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Would you be a bit more detailed in relation to your issue asnyou have not given us much to go on.

Cheers

Baldrick
The data execution history on webroot has ceased to load processes. I have pulled out 3 unauthorized w-32 users off line and gone into the windows registry and cleaned it up. I need the ability to see the processes as they occur to track down altered program files and other mischief.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello EDLTA41LO98A3 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Please follow the following steps:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Please let us know if that corrects your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Doing the clean reinstall now. Trying to fix 2 of these at the same time. Thanks will get back to you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sounds good I will be back in about 2 hours so just let us know!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Both the Toshiba and the Sony Viao are up and running fine again. The toshiba began to work loading after I cleaned out the Quarantine files. If someone else has this problem, Tell them to clean out the quarantine first before doing a fresh reload. I was trying to save a couple of exec. files for an office program but i will just reinstall it. Thanks community for the help. Back secureanywhere again. EDLTA41LO98A3
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome to the community EDLTA...:D.Great news and Thank you for posting back with the rresults.Grealty appreciate it for it will help others with similar issues. Sorry about your exec. files..

Have a nice day, 

Regards 
Userlevel 7
Hello EDLTA41LO98A3. Welcome to the Community.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Both the Toshiba and the Sony Viao are up and running fine again. The toshiba began to work loading after I cleaned out the Quarantine files. If someone else has this problem, Tell them to clean out the quarantine first before doing a fresh reload. I was trying to save a couple of exec. files for an office program but i will just reinstall it. Thanks community for the help. Back secureanywhere again. EDLTA41LO98A3
Good to hear it's sorted that's a new one to me by clearing quarantine first as WSA had this problem before can't remember when but was fixed so if it's coming back please let us know if it happens again then we can get support involved and look into it!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉