Solved

How to Set WSA AV To Run With MSE

Userlevel 2
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1

I have WSA AV running along side of MSE with no issues, but I want to make sure everything is set up properly. I excluded the Webroot folder and WRSA.exe in MSE, and in WSA, I turned the self protection to minimum. Are there any other changes I should make?

Thanks in advance! 
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 12 August 2012, 07:14

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1

I have WSA AV running along side of MSE with no issues, but I want to make sure everything is set up properly. I excluded the Webroot folder and WRSA.exe in MSE, and in WSA, I turned the self protection to minimum. Are there any other changes I should make?

Thanks in advance! 
Hi DBone and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums,

You shouldn't have to make any changes as I'm running WSA and the new Windows Defender on Win 8 RP without any issues or exclusions! And you should keep WSA self protection at Max at all times! Also on my 3 other VM's I use WSA and VIPRE AV with no conflicts and no exclusions!

HTH,

TH

Userlevel 2
Thanks for the reply! The only reason I turned WSA's self protection to minimum was because I read in the help manual that it was recommended to do so if running more than one solution in real time. I'll turn it back to maximum and see if I notice anything weird..........Thanks again! 
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
I'd ditch MSE and use Webroot exclusively. Then again, I have a low level of disdain for MSE...
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I'd ditch MSE and use Webroot exclusively. Then again, I have a low level of disdain for MSE...
Same here, I know what you mean. I also don't like the hour + Full scan with MSE. Maybe I'm use to the Super Fast Scan with WSA. 😃
Userlevel 2
Ok guys thanks. Since you run WSA alone, do either of you turn up the heuristics settings? If so, how high do you set them?
Userlevel 5
Badge +23
Mine are all default.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Ok guys thanks. Since you run WSA alone, do either of you turn up the heuristics settings? If so, how high do you set them?
I set all my sliders to the Max in all Tabs but it could cause FP's if you use some not well known software!

TH

Userlevel 7
The setting I changed was "Protected Websites". All 4 settings are set to Max. (Followed TH, thanks)

Userlevel 2
OK thanks guys! One last question, and maybe a dumb one, but if I change all of the heuristics to say HIGH, will WSA use more system resources, and for a better word, "slow down" the machine when compared to the default settings? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No as it's very low already! Here is mine just over 2.2MB Total! ;)

TH

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
One last question, and maybe a dumb one.

No such thing as a dumb question. I learn something new every day from these forums and so has someone else reading this thread.
Userlevel 2
Thanks to you all! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Your very welcome and it's nice to see another familiar face from Wilders! ;)

TH
Userlevel 2
Thanks! and thanks for having me over here.