Solved

HTTP 500 Error When Trying To Renew

• 8 December 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello all. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

My subscription expires next week (16th December) but when I've tried to renew using the "Renew Now" button I get an error loading the renewal webpage.

The www.webroot.com page isn't working
www.webroot.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500 This was using Chrome. I also tried renewing using IE but with the same error. I even tried Safari from an iPad but the page would not load. Can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by Pete-F 8 December 2016, 17:15

View original

8 replies

Hi Pete-F,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Please try renewing using THIS LINK. You may also call Webroot directly.

Purchases, renewals, and upgrades
Mon - Fri 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM (MST)
Tel: https://tel:+18666124268

Hope this info helps. ;)

Thanks,

BD
Userlevel 2
Thanks for that but I'm afraid it gave the same result.
Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and welcome to our Community!!

Sorry to hear of the problem you're having. I tested our cart to make sure there are no issues on our end, and I couldn't reproduce the same error. It could be caused due to a variety of reasons.
https://www.lifewire.com/500-internal-server-error-explained-2622938

For now, please contact our Sales Team directly. They can process your renewal over the Phone and then direct you to Tech Support to further diagnose the problem:
Sales Number: 1-866-612-4268 M-F 7am?8pm MT
Hi Pete,

Don't know why that link isn't working for you, it works fine for me (Chrome and Firefox). I would suggest calling Webroot directly to renew. Sales Number: 1-866-612-4268 M-F 7am?8pm MT

Thanks,
BD
Userlevel 2
I'm in the UK so don't want to make an international call.  It should auto-renew in the next couple of days so I'll wait and see if that happens ok. If it doesn't, I have a number for support in Dublin that I'll call them. Thanks again. 
Userlevel 7
My mistake, I should've checked your profile to confirm the location.

That sounds like a good plan, Dublin can always straighten it out if need be.
+44 1800 303 388
Userlevel 2
Just to let you know that what worked was to opt to purchase a new subscription. At the checkout it was recognised that I was renewing not a new customer and I could then proceed with the renewal from there. All went smoothly and my renewal is now in place and I have another year of cover. 
Hi Pete,

Thanks very much for getting back to us and letting us know. Your info may helps others in the future. ;)

Have a Happy Holiday!

BD