Solved

I asked AV Comparatives....

• Fresh Face
  • 4 replies
Hi,
I order to clarify an old issue ( Why Webroot does not participate in AV Comparatives tests) I sent an email to them and this is the official answer:

Andreas Clementi (AV-Comparatives)
28 Aug, 09:00 CEST
Hi, they did not join the public main-test series. But you can find some results of Webroot inside this report: https://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/avc_sp_pcpitstop_201702_en.pdf

So, there is no "joint statement"  AV Comparatives -Webroot, as erroneously has been mentioned before. 
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 10 April 2018, 00:06

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 2
Interesting!
Thank you for clarifying the issue.
Userlevel 7
nl4, once again you are posting biased views and inferring things that you have no knowledge of.

The statement "they did not join the public main-test series" is prescisely that; a statement of something that is already known and has been rehashed here until it is boring. What the statement does not explain or answer is WHY there was non participation?

And it is the WHY that is important given that we all know that participation did not occur. I understand that there are very good reasons for non participation in the main-test series. 

Please try to be level & unbiased when posting information from a 3rd party source, i.e., presenting it in an appropriate way...that is what we all try to do here...unlike in some other security-related forums.

Baldrick

@

From reading your posts from different threads over the last few days, it is clear your opinion is that Webroot is not a worthy AV.

So why waste your time writing multiple posts here, there and everywhere rubbishing Webroot on this Forum?? Would not your time be far better spent finding a better AV, and then quietly uninstall Webroot and install your preferred AV?

I might write one maximum two posts giving my opinion but after that, personally that's what I would do.
Why doesn't WebRoot participate in AV-Comparatives testing? Or AV-test.org?
@ wrote:
Why doesn't WebRoot participate in AV-Comparatives testing?
Hi Lunix,

Welcome to the Community.

For an official answer to that you'd have to ask Webroot.

Contact Webroot.

We all have our opinions, but better to get it straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Less uneeded debate that way.

Cheers,
Many thanks, waiting to hear back now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Many thanks, waiting to hear back now.
Just go here and join the discussion: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Discussion-Antimalware-testing-is-hard-disputing-a-flawed-test/td-p/315336
There's nothing authoritative there.  Just corporate excuses and accusations.
Userlevel 3
Hi,
I Ask My Mother what will i be....
There is No 100% Protection,There is  only one thing that it is 100% !
it is All About money ;-)

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
There's nothing authoritative there.  Just corporate excuses and accusations.
In YOUR opinion...it should be noted. Others may not see it that way at all. ;)
@Lunix wrote:
There's nothing authoritative there.  Just corporate excuses and accusations

Totaly agree! It's been years since Webroot promissed that somehow will join to some third party autority for testing, but nothing. We have to believe the advertising.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
AV-Comparatives again used webroot product ( Antivirus for Android ) for test !!!