I checked email i see no invitation code. Can u tell me where its is

• 22 November 2015
  • 11 replies

I just renewed and included my tablet and 2 i phone and when i downloaded Webroot secure for i phone it said to check email for an invitation code.  it wasnt in email can someone help me find it?????

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please delete the Business version of Webroot. This version asks for a keycode.

EDIT:
At this time, there is not an antivirus option available for Apple iOS devices. Because of how Apple manages the apps available in their App Store, there is not a need for one currently. This may change in the future but at this time is is extremly hard/almost impossible to infect an iPad/iPhone.

Have a look, at this KB Article on the subject, and this one if you require the added functionality.

Webroot does offer two apps you can download from the App Store to backup your files and protect your internet browsing, called SecureWeb and Backup & Sync. You can find either of them by searching for "Webroot" in the App Store on your Apple iOS device. For more information on both of these products please use the information below.

Webroot SecureWeb
https://mobile.webroot.com/brands/webroot/en/help/ios/SecureWeb/index.htm

Webroot Backup & Sync (for SecureAnywhere Complete subscriptions only)
https://mobile.webroot.com/brands/webroot/en/help/ios/SecureSync/index.htm"

it's important to know that your iOS device will not show up under "mobile protection" in your account, regardless of what version of Webroot you have. SecureWeb and SecureSync are Webroot apps for iOS devices, but they are not anti-virus applications and thus will not appear in the mobile anti-virus portion of the account area.

To make sure you're following these instructions for installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus on an iPad:

iOS Download InstructionsTo download the SecureWeb app:
  1. If you have not yet created a Webroot account, go to https://my.webrootanywhere.com. Click Sign up now to begin creating the account.  
  2. Open the App Store on your device and search for “Webroot SecureWeb.” Tap to install the app. Alternately, you can download and install the SecureWeb app from iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/webroot-secureweb-browser/id460986853?mt=8  
  3. Enter your Apple ID password. The SecureWeb app opens and installs on your device. Once installed, you will see the Webroot SecureWeb icon on your Home panel. Tap this icon to open the app.  
  4. To access Password Management functions, tap the key icon in the SecureWeb toolbar. Enter your SecureAnywhere user name and password. This is the same login that you use to access your Webroot account at my.webrootanywhere.com. If you have not yet created a Webroot account, go to my.webrootanywhere.com. Click Sign up now and complete your registration. When SecureWeb validates your Webroot credentials, a green checkmark appears above the key icon.
  5.  You can also see  Password Manager in Webroot SecureWeb.   Here's an KB article that you can look at for information! . Please have a look here  
  6. For more information, see Webroot SecureWeb for iOS Help.
 If you're still encountering any issues, it's possible the issue could be related to the permissions granted to your account.  To check your account permissions, sign into http://my.webrootanywhere.com, click your email address at the top right of the console, click Manage Users, and click the little person with the pencil icon on the right side of the screen.  Ensure that all of the values for your user are set to either Access or Admin level and that there are checks in the Passwords and Passwords Services boxes.

Now if you are still having issues then you can submit a Support Ticket and they can look into this for you free of charge with an active subscription.

Hope this helps,
Badge +1
Everything on forum relating to iPhone is three years old no current
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I hate to disagree with @Ssherjj, especially after she gave so much great advice. However, one point in particular I'd like to add my point of view about. As @Ssherjj said, there isn't an Anti-Virus app for Webroot in Apple's App Store. The problem with this is, people believe Apple products aren't bound by the laws of other computer systems. Systems like Windows, Linux, Google (Android and Chrome), Firefox, etc. I've been working with Apple products for over 2 decades and have seen them act the same as any other system. For example:

1. Windows has a Blue Screen of Death. Mac has what's called the Black Screen of Death.
  2. Safari is known for being a bad browser due to bad development practices and not keeping up with development standards like HTML5 and CSS3. Whereas both Chrome and Firefox have fought hard to make the web a safer place. I'll give Safari credit for being better than Internet Explorer, though that's not hard to beat.
  3. Apple wants you to believe that their walled garden app ecosystem is keeping you safe. I'll admit, it helps, but it doesn't stop everything for two reasons. One, law enforcement wants in and has been known to crack Apple's encryption. Two, there are tons of people who want to get in and they aren't going to stop trying because of this invisible wall.
To wrap up I want to say thanks to @Ssherjj for posting all of the great useful information and I hope I didn't offend you. I hope that everyone realizes that the only protection you have is to follow best practices for installing an app on any phone brand, iPhone or Android. Also realize that this is a losing battle and at best you're gambling. The more you open yourself up to the world via smartphones, the internet, social media, etc. the greater the chance of getting hit by something. Any information you put out in the world, is something that can be used to get to you. If you don't believe my opinion on the iPhone App Store being compromised, here's a couple articles that talk about it.

Overall View:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/can-iphones-get-viruses/

Specific Incident:
https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-emerging-threats-ios-malware-xcodeghost-infects-millions-of-apple-store-customers.html

Sincerely,
NicCrockett
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@NicCrockett.

Hello there! I couldn't agree with you more. well stated!😊

I posted this information provided to me/us/ Webroot Forum by our last incredible Webroot Mac Expert (Wanderingbug) years ago. So since that time a lot has changed hasn't it? iPads can get hacked and Mac's can get hacked and iPhones get hacked and/or one's identity stolen and which computer users can get viruses more then ever now. But where is the iPad's/iPhones protection from Webroot? There is none...

So your information and knowledge is greatly helpful and your experience (IT) is at the top of the line as far I am concerned. I greatly appreciate the time and concern that you have given in your well written post.

Thank you so much @NicCrockett ...I would never get offended for being corrected or for an opinion from someone who knows their computers! It should be common knowledge though that the only security that anyone has is by staying offline for 100% protection. 🤓

Salute" Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
@Ssherjj,

Thank you for the extremely kind words! You made my crazy IT day so much better. For the record, I believe you to be a very insightful, knowledgeable, and helpful individual. This community is lucky to have you around. Also, although I have a long history of using and supporting Apple products, I hate them with a passion. I am also no expert, I just have a lot of experience with them and I listen to 40 hours of IT podcasts a week. Apparently, I need a hobby! 😎

Sincerely,
NicCrockett
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Why Thank you @NicCrockett ..that is so kind of you to say...makes my day!😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
You're welcome @Ssherjj!

I also agree that we need a Mac Expert in the Webroot Community. Someone who uses Webroot on Apple's array of devices. I may know things from experience, but my experience also had me drop Webroot AV from my Macs. This was because it was so bug ridden and nothing but trouble. So, I can offer advice, but it's based on general knowledge, not specific use.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@NicCrockett ,

Webroot was running smoothly for 4 years until maybe this last year it has been buggy on my El Capitan. We've needed a Mac Expert for a few years now. @ProTruckDriver and I love our Macs and running Webroot wasn't an issue only when we needed help, to our many questions weren't being answered. It's forcing us to seek other alternatives for an AV. 😥
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Apple has some great brainwashing, I mean marketing. 😂 They've promised the world that if users let them handle everything, they will keep users secure behind the Great Wall of Steve. Again, this has given users the impression that the laws of computing, hacking, and Murphy's Law somehow don't apply to Apple products. It's also made it difficult for companies, like Webroot, from developing their products that would protect users from doing so. If companies can't gain the traction needed due to users believing they are safe, they can't put the needed resources into developing the product appropriately.

I actually got into an argument with a company who told me that Mac Mail couldn't send and receive email via the IMAP protocol. They said it could only receive, but not send using the IMAP protocol. In truth, they weren't wrong by the protocols specifications. However, I never really believed in being bound by such things. So, the fact that I had half a dozen Macs using the IMAP protocol to send and receive email through an Exchange Server for 10 years apparently meant that it was impossible. Just an example of how something as simple as an email protocol that shouldn't be able to do something, can and specifically on Macs.
Badge +1
Now here comes the fun part. Basically how Rapportive works is if you enter in a person’s valid email address, the side of the email will show the person’s social networks, general location.
Badge +1
Now here comes the fun part. Basically how Rapportive works is if you enter in a person’s valid email address, the side of the email will show the person’s social networks, general location.
Any other suggestion?

Edited to remove spam link.
To continue doing this will result in you being banned.

JtR