Solved

I have a question

OK I need to wipe and reinstall my operating system to fix an issue and the webroot that I have the code is good for 3 activations and two have already been used, when I reinstall webroot will that activation use up my third one? is there a way to prevent that because I need to save it for a third computer im getting
icon

Best answer by MikeR 22 July 2013, 17:50

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Saunderskid and welcome to the Webroot Community!

The best way is to simply uninstall before you wipe.  Make sure you are connected to the internet when you do this.

Take a look as this KB Article, it will show you how to deactivate a license when you need to.  This will help if uninstalling fails to release the license :)

It is quite quick and easy!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello saunderskid and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Cheers,

TH
thanks very much i appreciate it

Hi, I've just uninstalled 2 Mac Webroot protection for the time been, it was causing kernel panics on shutdown, I removed them by dragging the App to the trash as per info I found here, it offered to uninstall once I did this. In my account area it says 3 pc's protected, but it only show my windows pc, no Mac ones so I can remove them, and by the way it has never showed the Mac installs there even when they were active. My question is how do I remove the Mac installs if there is no way to do it from my Account area... Thanks.......
Userlevel 7
Hello Savage_Rott and welcome to the Webroot Community!

The product for Mac works a little differently, and so it does not actually show up in your Account Console.  At the same time, you don't need to 'remove' the Mac installs either.  Your licenses are available for re-use without have to do that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Savage_Rott and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums. 

Mac's don't show up on the My Webroot online console please see this post by Yegor for more info: http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Webroot-Secure-Anywhere-Complete-on-Mac-does-not-perform-initial/m-p/42474#M3370

Cheers,

TH
ok so if I install it once again it won't count as another install then? am I right....? To be honest it seem a weird setup. But thanks for the reply's
Userlevel 7
TH.. Thank you for the link.. I didn't have it tagged right and couldn't find it!

Savage_Rott,
That is correct 🙂  At least at the moment.
Thanks, hopefully all is well now....
Userlevel 7
Hello saunderskid and Savage_Rott,

Userlevel 7
Once you uninstall the program from one machine and install on another, the seats will replace each other and it will not negatively impact the seat count. However, if Webroot is not properly uninstalled, I can manually remove older instances on the back end.