I have run the last 2 scans and the formation says the scan was incomplete. Why is that?

• 2 January 2015
  • 1 reply

I am not sure if Webroot is completing the scans when i click on the scan now. It seems that when it is finished it says the scan was incomplete?
Can you help me with this?

Pat Hogan

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi PatHogan

Welcome to the Comunity Forums.

I have not, for quite a while, come across a scan coming up as incomplete.

Would you first reboot your system and then try scanning again.  If that resolves the issue then all well and good.  But if not then you might try a Clean Install.  You do this by:

• Making sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEPING the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a copy here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click here)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any previous settings if offered to do so; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

If this fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is dirctly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Support Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7)

If your subscription is through Best Buy Subscription Software services (US members only), you may need to call them at 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD.

PLease let us know what the result is for you as feedback is important to us in helping other users who may have the same or a similar issue in the future.

Regards, Baldrick