I paid for unlimited lifetime Webroot protection. I am getting renewal requests!!!! Why???

Show first post

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I also put in a note about your situation in the case notes, so that support can make sure that this situation gets documented about the company that you dealt with. They might reach out to you again for more information.
Userlevel 7
The only "Lifetime License" I know of is when you make Gold VIP here on the forum. I believe even that is not a true "Lifetime License". It has an expiration date on it but Webroot will renew the license before it expires for lifetime.
Correct me if I'm wrong @ @ @

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Getting-Started-Guides/The-Webroot-VIP-Program/ta-p/299024

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
The only "Lifetime License" I know of is when you make Gold VIP here on the forum. I believe even that is not a true "Lifetime License". It has an expiration date on it but Webroot will renew the license before it expires for lifetime.
Correct me if I'm wrong @ @ @

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Getting-Started-Guides/The-Webroot-VIP-Program/ta-p/299024

Hi @,

I believe this to be true for Baldrick and TripleHelix but I was told that they will now only do 5 years at a time for me. So I am not sure why that changed in my case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Same here @ ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We feel you @

Thanks for your support!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you for expressings your feelings on this @.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
My hp desktop computer crashed and a message pop-up (I thought came from my internet provider, Windstream) advising me to call the number shown in the receipt.. The tech got my compuiter fixed and sold me on Webroot protection for my laptop and my desktop. That's how this mess started. I'm 77 years old and get by on social security (barely). Thanks to all for your help. I'll keep you posted.
So sorry that does indeed sound like a scam to me, so I would contact your Credit Card Company a file and fraud complaint to get your money back. But please contact Webroot Support and let them do a security check and they will sort you out I will contact @ & @ and let them know so they can get you sorted quickly.

Thanks,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Hello ?,

This definitely sounds like a scam. The best thing to do at this point in time would be to immediately request a refund from the company in question and if they fail to comply, contact your bank or credit card company to resolve this. If you could send me a private message with more information about the company and their number I'd be happy to see what we can do as far as reporting them. I would also advise reaching out to our support team so we can take a look and make sure they have not installed anything malicious on your system. Usually they won't, but its always better to check. In the future you should NEVER call a number that pops up on your computer, or engage with anyone that calls you about computer issues. These are common scams and unfortunately quite common these days. I've provided our number and link to create a ticket below.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Regards,
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
A lot of "Webroot deities" here, but nobody seems to know about this "life time" offer:

See here:
Webroot Lifetime Antivirus for 8 Users PC or Mac
http://www.qvc.com/Webroot-Lifetime-Antivirus-for-8-Users-PC-or-Mac.product.E230168.html

@ please check your private messages.
@ wrote:

So it means that was purchased from QVC.

No. They are not the same. The QVC version is for 8 devices, the ebay version I saw was only for 4, so it is different or possibly a partially used QVC version?

I'm not commenting one way or the other as to it's legitimacy since buying Webroot from ebay can often times be a risky proposition. Buy at your own risk. ;)

BD
Userlevel 1
@ wrote:
My invoice receipt number is 01889 in the amount of $399.98 for UNLIMITED LIFETIME WEBROOT PROTECTION. Now I'm getting notices that my protection is expiring in 27 days. I haven't died (yet). What is going on? I can't seem to reach anyone at the customer support phone number or even get a reply. Please help.
International Innovative Solutions INVOICE
D.B.A. Solution Center Deerfield Beach FL USA
Customer Service: (855) 724-1444
February 9, 2016 Invoice #01889
Att: Nadine
Please find below a cost-breakdown for the recent work completed. Do not delete this invoice, this is your receipt of services and products provided. In the case you may need assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call the customer service line available Monday through Friday from 10am to 12AM (Midnight) US Eastern Time.
# Item Description Quantity Unit price ($) Total ($)
1 OTR (Full Tune up, repair and infection sweep) 2 99.99 199.98
2 Unlimited Lifetime Webroot Protection 2 99.99 199.98
Subtotal 399.96
Sales Tax (0%) TAXES ARE WAVED 0.00
Total 399.96
Technical Support Terms: You have 12 months of on going technical support upon services being rendered in order to guarantee quality of work. All phone calls and repair work are recorded for quality assurance. If you have this invoice you have agreed to pay the total amount shown above in a phone call recording which is stored for your protection to prevent billing discrepancies.
The charge on your billing statement will appear as 'International Innovative Solutions LLC'.
Userlevel 1
My hp desktop computer crashed and a message pop-up (I thought came from my internet provider, Windstream) advising me to call the number shown in the receipt.. The tech got my compuiter fixed and sold me on Webroot protection for my laptop and my desktop. That's how this mess started. I'm 77 years old and get by on social security (barely). Thanks to all for your help. I'll keep you posted.
Userlevel 1
I contacted Webroot online and got no response. I cannot find a reliable phone number. The one I got on google connected me to a fast talking man who offered to clean my computers for lifetime and install Webroot on 3 PCs for 1 year with an annual renewal of $19.99. All for $249.00. He thinks hackers installed their own version of Webroot and God only knows what else on our PCs. I didn't buy it (once bitten, twice shy). Will my system crash on the expiration date??!!!! I contacted my credit card and am reporting to Better Business Bureau. Thanks for letting me vent.
Userlevel 1
I contacted Webroot and a very nice tech cleared the suspicious Webroot out. This will be my last post. Thanks everyone!
Badge +1
Hi, the auction is ended and I've not purchased that licence.
For what I know could it be that also the 4 PC licence is legitimated too.
I could say that from Webroot people there is very little/scarce information about this matter.
In other words it's very simple to understand that they are not interested to spread the existence of these licence to the "normal" users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hi everyone, 

We will be disabling commenting on this thread as we feel that we have digressed from the topic at hand. As everyone saw, there was some confusion over the past few days around this topic so the team went through and archived some posts that were inaccurate. 

I want to reiterate that the QVC promotion is a limited time exclusive offer that we're running and is legitimate.

If you have additional questions about this, you can contact support here.

Thank you.
Userlevel 1
The receipt is from International Innovative Solutions LLC. Please don't tell me I have been ripped off!
Badge +1
About unlimited time license of Webroot, this is an US seller on ebay :
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Webroot-Internet-Security-Antivirus-2017-4-Dev-Lifetime-w-flash-drive-/142516619519?hash=item212ea708ff:g:TWMAAOSwF71Zxtqv

He delivers a strange flash key ...

"So, this is lifetime license?!  That's right. Kiss yearly renewals goodbye. This product gives you protection for the life of your device, whether it's a PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. It's as simple as it sounds. " 
A lot of "Webroot deities" here, but nobody seems to know about this "life time" offer:

See here:
Webroot Lifetime Antivirus for 8 Users PC or Mac
http://www.qvc.com/Webroot-Lifetime-Antivirus-for-8-Users-PC-or-Mac.product.E230168.html

Badge +1
Yes, I've just found also that offer.
There is an USB stick with "WEBROOT" mark.
Very strange.
Badge +1
Frankly, if you see the eBay auction, there is a photo also of the backside of the box, where are detailed the particular conditions of that license. You can read what does it means for "Webroot lifetime protection subscription".
I doubt that a scammer can detail in that way a license.

Badge +1
Yes, I know that there isn't a license like that offered on Webroot site.
It's only very strange to find on a scam product detailed licence clauses.
Also, I don't know why the eBay auction is still there. If someone of WebRoot contacts the customer service of eBay that auction can be removed.
It's WebRoot direct interest to avoid that scammers sell fake licences on eBay.

So , what is the "official" answer from Webroot : is the QVC  8 computers / lifetime license legit or not????

Shouldn't be so complicated to answer, is either Yay or Nay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ Yes. This is legit. This is a limited-time, exclusive offer through QVC. 
Badge +1
I refreshed this thread after finding a seller that had in auction a lifetime licence for Webroot.
I sent a message to that seller that replied me :
"Hi,
This is not a scam. I purchased this from a reputable supplier. I have Top Rated Seller Status and over 2500 positive feedback."

So it means that was purchased from QVC.
Despite the fact that the licence "lifetime" is matched to the device (PC) life it's a very good deal.
I cannot purchase that licence from QVC because I'm outside USA, but for US citizens it's a very interesting bargain.