I paid for unlimited lifetime Webroot protection. I am getting renewal requests!!!! Why???

Userlevel 1
My invoice receipt number is 01889 in the amount of $399.98 for UNLIMITED LIFETIME WEBROOT PROTECTION. Now I'm getting notices that my protection is expiring in 27 days. I haven't died (yet). What is going on? I can't seem to reach anyone at the customer support phone number or even get a reply. Please help.

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Frankly, if you see the eBay auction, there is a photo also of the backside of the box, where are detailed the particular conditions of that license. You can read what does it means for "Webroot lifetime protection subscription".
I doubt that a scammer can detail in that way a license.

Listen there is no lifetime versions of Webroot SecureAnywhere, they are scamming people!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And there package doesn't even say Webroot SecureAnywhere!! http://www.ebay.it/itm/Webroot-Internet-Security-Antivirus-2017-4-Dev-Lifetime-w-flash-drive-/142516619519?hash=item212ea708ff:g:TWMAAOSwF71Zxtqv
Badge +1
Yes, I know that there isn't a license like that offered on Webroot site.
It's only very strange to find on a scam product detailed licence clauses.
Also, I don't know why the eBay auction is still there. If someone of WebRoot contacts the customer service of eBay that auction can be removed.
It's WebRoot direct interest to avoid that scammers sell fake licences on eBay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Yes, I know that there isn't a license like that offered on Webroot site.
It's only very strange to find on a scam product detailed licence clauses.
Also, I don't know why the eBay auction is still there. If someone of WebRoot contacts the customer service of eBay that auction can be removed.
It's WebRoot direct interest to avoid that scammers sell fake licences on eBay.

It's not offered anywhere legally so it's a very good scam, scam, scam! And it's up to Webroot's legal department to get that done. One other thing if you look at the beginning of this thread https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/I-paid-for-unlimited-lifetime-Webroot-protection-I-am-getting/m-p/255839#M25687 the keycode that comes with any of those get shut down and are useless in time. @
@ wrote:
A lot of "Webroot deities" here, but nobody seems to know about this "life time" offer
We don't know about it because it's a scam, plain and simple. Oh, and when you post at 4am, don't expect a reply right away. Deities need sleep, too.;)

BD
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
A lot of "Webroot deities" here, but nobody seems to know about this "life time" offer:

See here:
Webroot Lifetime Antivirus for 8 Users PC or Mac
http://www.qvc.com/Webroot-Lifetime-Antivirus-for-8-Users-PC-or-Mac.product.E230168.html

@ please check your private messages.
Userlevel 7
The only "Lifetime License" I know of is when you make Gold VIP here on the forum. I believe even that is not a true "Lifetime License". It has an expiration date on it but Webroot will renew the license before it expires for lifetime.
Correct me if I'm wrong @ @ @

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Getting-Started-Guides/The-Webroot-VIP-Program/ta-p/299024

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
The only "Lifetime License" I know of is when you make Gold VIP here on the forum. I believe even that is not a true "Lifetime License". It has an expiration date on it but Webroot will renew the license before it expires for lifetime.
Correct me if I'm wrong @ @ @

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Getting-Started-Guides/The-Webroot-VIP-Program/ta-p/299024

Hi @,

I believe this to be true for Baldrick and TripleHelix but I was told that they will now only do 5 years at a time for me. So I am not sure why that changed in my case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Same here @ ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Same here @ ;)
Boondabah I'm not alone!:D
While its a well known fact that there are a boat load of  crooks looking to steal someones hard earned money, I find it kind of strange that QVC would list it ( and still list it on their own website ). QVC is a credible Company and not out to steal any money. Perhaps Webroot did a " special " for QVC and some crooks are scamming off the QVC deal.

Id like to hear how this quirk happened and whats being done to eliminate it.
So , what is the "official" answer from Webroot : is the QVC  8 computers / lifetime license legit or not????

Shouldn't be so complicated to answer, is either Yay or Nay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ Yes. This is legit. This is a limited-time, exclusive offer through QVC. 
WHAT is wrong with the decision making upper management  team at Webroot who thought it a swell idea to release a "special " deal on a TV show; AND not inform the front line associates about it ? That sales staff really dropped the ball, didn't they ? The Webroot members we rely on had no idea about it.
People like Sherri and J.P. and Pro-Truck Driver and Burn Daddy and Triple Helix and Baldrick ( I'm sure I missed a few ) were dealt a raw deal. Those faithful members are the ones we depend on to answer our questions and help us out of harms way and the stuffed shirts didn't feel it necessary to inform them of that  " QVC special " ??

My hats off to all the above members I mentioned for unwillingly taking the brunt of the disaster dropped upon them by the selfish stuffed shirts, talking heads.... a.k.a. " upper management " at Webroot.

Absolutely AND quite sincerely,
Robert
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We feel you @

Thanks for your support!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you for expressings your feelings on this @.

Thank you, Robert. We appreciate your support. :D

BD
Your all welcome !! I recently retired after 35 years in the Wood Finishing Trades. During those years Ive been a manager, a supervisor, an Owner and a grunt. As a manager / supervisor of a Finishing Department so many problems would arise because the sales team would promise the client the World. Even without communicating with each Department to find out the work load they would just go ahead and give out a completion date to the client. The Finishing Department is the last group of people to touch a job before it goes out the door, they need to know what  EVERY other Department is planning.

I'm talking about huge jobs like Banks and Brokerage Houses and Department Stores.... even Airports. Some of these contracts ran into the millions of dollars. Ultimately due to the lack of communication between all departments involved, many jobs ran beyond their due dates.That of course resulted in lost revenue due to charge backs and late fees.

One would think that a company like Webroot, who deals in SECURITY !!!! would have their poop together, and have the brains to inform EVERYONE of whats coming down the pipe line.

Lack of communication is whats wrong with businesses and relationships.
Badge +1
I refreshed this thread after finding a seller that had in auction a lifetime licence for Webroot.
I sent a message to that seller that replied me :
"Hi,
This is not a scam. I purchased this from a reputable supplier. I have Top Rated Seller Status and over 2500 positive feedback."

So it means that was purchased from QVC.
Despite the fact that the licence "lifetime" is matched to the device (PC) life it's a very good deal.
I cannot purchase that licence from QVC because I'm outside USA, but for US citizens it's a very interesting bargain.
@ wrote:

So it means that was purchased from QVC.

No. They are not the same. The QVC version is for 8 devices, the ebay version I saw was only for 4, so it is different or possibly a partially used QVC version?

I'm not commenting one way or the other as to it's legitimacy since buying Webroot from ebay can often times be a risky proposition. Buy at your own risk. ;)

BD
Badge +1
Hi, the auction is ended and I've not purchased that licence.
For what I know could it be that also the 4 PC licence is legitimated too.
I could say that from Webroot people there is very little/scarce information about this matter.
In other words it's very simple to understand that they are not interested to spread the existence of these licence to the "normal" users.

Userlevel 5
In my first job, I designed systems in a tiny micro company. My boss (salesman) ran in all excited and announced that he had a PO for 30 boxes which I was to design and manufacture. Good for you I said very excited. What price did you sell them at? He came me the number and I told him our costs would be about 100 dollars above that figure. (He was an alcoholic unfortunately but a wonderful man.) We never spoke again and I built them trying to build as cheaply as I could. It is an ethics issue and there is no politics in small companies. (We will make it up on volume.) There are different goals sometimes in large company roles. BTW, my boss worshiped me - a bad thing since I am only human (shortage of robots and all that).

The problem is not merely communication IMO. Speaking theoretically now, the more nodes in a system, the more chance for a problem or to say it differently the more complexity exists. Two people have perhaps three relationships, and three people have perhaps 8. The extremely large systems actually have nodes actively and sometimes covertly attacking the system. We call that politics, or dsyfunction, or many other words, but the truth is the very very large systems are so complex now that very few people can even understand the new issues between nodes. Now with the internet, there is no single human being that can do that. 

IMO, what the internet is doing, is disrupting the distribution networks we comfortably grew up with. (For dysfunctional people, distribution is also called "control") This causes intermediate nodes to have no useful function and be exposed. They don't want to "be gone", so they seek new functions, sadly not all of them positive. Most things from the past are distribution and control. Everyone knew their place in the machine but today the machine is changing rapidly and some people experience anxiety. Don't fear them, but help them. It is better for both nodes and ultimately the whole system. 

We have Just In Time management (which we used to call lots of names). Government, banking, Retail, welfare, warfare and dozens of systems are failing simultaneously because of nodes in crisis IMO. Count yourself very lucky, in the current brave new world vision, you and I are dinosaurs and a direct threat to bureaucrats (intermediate nodes) and non-producers at  times. You can actually deal directly with customers and a have a product or skill and can deliver it worldwide. The internet enhances your skill or talent but exposes the middle nodes and non-producers. Your posts and persistence has helped people in the world you will never meet through the magic of the internet!

So kudos for speaking up and cut everyone around a bit of slack. Ulitmately your only decision is to use their company products or not. We need more nodes like you to speak up so we can address the complexity. I commend you (LOL - not command - that is so ... 1970s) for speaking up. They can now address the issue to prevent it in the future.

The good news of the internet is that very much like the 60s (read catch 22 and compare it to times today for fun) in which the space program launched a world wide peace movement (threatening established middle nodes), IMO it's also launching a new world wide view that can help us build a much better world if we remember our sense of humor and get along. The pictures of the globe in the 60s and the ability to touch and help people just like you around the world. Let's help each other clean up the messes. Extremism is just fear and we need a middle way now.

The world is getting better, though at times it doesn't seem so. (How many people when you and I were born died of consumption or measles?). I suspect you and I would be good friends, like my old first boss and I. I suspect we can change the world for the better.

I will get off my soapbox now. 

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
WHAT is wrong with the decision making upper management  team at Webroot who thought it a swell idea to release a "special " deal on a TV show; AND not inform the front line associates about it ? That sales staff really dropped the ball, didn't they ? The Webroot members we rely on had no idea about it.
People like Sherri and J.P. and Pro-Truck Driver and Burn Daddy and Triple Helix and Baldrick ( I'm sure I missed a few ) were dealt a raw deal. Those faithful members are the ones we depend on to answer our questions and help us out of harms way and the stuffed shirts didn't feel it necessary to inform them of that  " QVC special " ??

My hats off to all the above members I mentioned for unwillingly taking the brunt of the disaster dropped upon them by the selfish stuffed shirts, talking heads.... a.k.a. " upper management " at Webroot.

Absolutely AND quite sincerely,
Robert
Thank you @ ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hi everyone, 

We will be disabling commenting on this thread as we feel that we have digressed from the topic at hand. As everyone saw, there was some confusion over the past few days around this topic so the team went through and archived some posts that were inaccurate. 

I want to reiterate that the QVC promotion is a limited time exclusive offer that we're running and is legitimate.

If you have additional questions about this, you can contact support here.

Thank you.
I would like to personally take the time to apologize on behalf of Webroot and our dedicated community members (VIPs) regarding any misinformation provided within this thread.  Webroot is constantly investigating different channels to distribute our product.  Members of this thread were not aware of the offer and provided the best support possible.