I paid for unlimited lifetime Webroot protection. I am getting renewal requests!!!! Why???

Userlevel 1
My invoice receipt number is 01889 in the amount of $399.98 for UNLIMITED LIFETIME WEBROOT PROTECTION. Now I'm getting notices that my protection is expiring in 27 days. I haven't died (yet). What is going on? I can't seem to reach anyone at the customer support phone number or even get a reply. Please help.

50 replies

I would like to personally take the time to apologize on behalf of Webroot and our dedicated community members (VIPs) regarding any misinformation provided within this thread.  Webroot is constantly investigating different channels to distribute our product.  Members of this thread were not aware of the offer and provided the best support possible.  

Badge +23
While its a well known fact that there are a boat load of  crooks looking to steal someones hard earned money, I find it kind of strange that QVC would list it ( and still list it on their own website ). QVC is a credible Company and not out to steal any money. Perhaps Webroot did a " special " for QVC and some crooks are scamming off the QVC deal.

Id like to hear how this quirk happened and whats being done to eliminate it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
WHAT is wrong with the decision making upper management  team at Webroot who thought it a swell idea to release a "special " deal on a TV show; AND not inform the front line associates about it ? That sales staff really dropped the ball, didn't they ? The Webroot members we rely on had no idea about it.
People like Sherri and J.P. and Pro-Truck Driver and Burn Daddy and Triple Helix and Baldrick ( I'm sure I missed a few ) were dealt a raw deal. Those faithful members are the ones we depend on to answer our questions and help us out of harms way and the stuffed shirts didn't feel it necessary to inform them of that  " QVC special " ??

My hats off to all the above members I mentioned for unwillingly taking the brunt of the disaster dropped upon them by the selfish stuffed shirts, talking heads.... a.k.a. " upper management " at Webroot.

Absolutely AND quite sincerely,
Robert
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Your all welcome !! I recently retired after 35 years in the Wood Finishing Trades. During those years Ive been a manager, a supervisor, an Owner and a grunt. As a manager / supervisor of a Finishing Department so many problems would arise because the sales team would promise the client the World. Even without communicating with each Department to find out the work load they would just go ahead and give out a completion date to the client. The Finishing Department is the last group of people to touch a job before it goes out the door, they need to know what  EVERY other Department is planning.

I'm talking about huge jobs like Banks and Brokerage Houses and Department Stores.... even Airports. Some of these contracts ran into the millions of dollars. Ultimately due to the lack of communication between all departments involved, many jobs ran beyond their due dates.That of course resulted in lost revenue due to charge backs and late fees.

One would think that a company like Webroot, who deals in SECURITY !!!! would have their poop together, and have the brains to inform EVERYONE of whats coming down the pipe line.

Lack of communication is whats wrong with businesses and relationships.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello ? and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It doesn't sound good so your best bet is to contact Webroot Directly as I never heard of a Lifetime License for sale? Also when did you purchase it? Can you post a link to the website?

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/company/contact-us

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hello positiveday and lifetime,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I know of no Webroot Lifetime subscription or of legit flash drive available for Webroot! You should deter dealing with anyone on Ebay selling Webroot.

Please Contact Webroot Support:
Mon - Fri 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (MST)
Tel: https://tel:+18666124268

Also @ (Our Administrator) can give you some light on this subject.
@ wrote:
A lot of "Webroot deities" here, but nobody seems to know about this "life time" offer
We don't know about it because it's a scam, plain and simple. Oh, and when you post at 4am, don't expect a reply right away. Deities need sleep, too.;)

BD
Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Given the price that you are quoting as paid I am guessing that you have not got WSA directly from Webroot or purchased it from Best Buy/The Geek Squad, but that rather it has come as part of a 'package' sold to you by a 3rd party company that may be professing to be a Webroot agent or partner?

If so would you be able to let us know exactly who that is?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

I am going offline now (I am based in the UK) but will check this thread tomorrow. In the interim you could contact the Sales Team at Webroot to see if they can advise as to whether or not the company that you have got the deal from is a registered partner of Webroot, etc.

The contact information can be found HERE.

Whilst I am offline perhaps either ? or ? may be able to assist?

EDIT: Daniel, you must have been reading my mind...:D

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Sure thing Baldrick! This sounds all too familiar!:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
My invoice receipt number is 01889 in the amount of $399.98 for UNLIMITED LIFETIME WEBROOT PROTECTION. Now I'm getting notices that my protection is expiring in 27 days. I haven't died (yet). What is going on? I can't seem to reach anyone at the customer support phone number or even get a reply. Please help.
International Innovative Solutions INVOICE
D.B.A. Solution Center Deerfield Beach FL USA
Customer Service: (855) 724-1444
February 9, 2016 Invoice #01889
Att: Nadine
Please find below a cost-breakdown for the recent work completed. Do not delete this invoice, this is your receipt of services and products provided. In the case you may need assistance in the future please do not hesitate to call the customer service line available Monday through Friday from 10am to 12AM (Midnight) US Eastern Time.
# Item Description Quantity Unit price ($) Total ($)
1 OTR (Full Tune up, repair and infection sweep) 2 99.99 199.98
2 Unlimited Lifetime Webroot Protection 2 99.99 199.98
Subtotal 399.96
Sales Tax (0%) TAXES ARE WAVED 0.00
Total 399.96
Technical Support Terms: You have 12 months of on going technical support upon services being rendered in order to guarantee quality of work. All phone calls and repair work are recorded for quality assurance. If you have this invoice you have agreed to pay the total amount shown above in a phone call recording which is stored for your protection to prevent billing discrepancies.
The charge on your billing statement will appear as 'International Innovative Solutions LLC'.
Please contact Webroot as i'm not aware of them.

Home and Home Office

Purchases & Renewalshttps://tel:18666124268
Mon-Fri 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM (MST)
Sat-Sun 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM (MST)
Security Serviceshttps://tel:18666124268
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Again it doesn't sound good so make sure to contact Webroot and see what they say and be ready to call your credit card company if it's a scam and get your money back. Again Contact Webroot first!

http://internationalinnovativesolutions.com/
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Sherry is correct and the packaging doesn't look right as they should look like one on these and with a CD! Big Scam! :@

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Frankly, if you see the eBay auction, there is a photo also of the backside of the box, where are detailed the particular conditions of that license. You can read what does it means for "Webroot lifetime protection subscription".
I doubt that a scammer can detail in that way a license.

Listen there is no lifetime versions of Webroot SecureAnywhere, they are scamming people!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
And there package doesn't even say Webroot SecureAnywhere!! http://www.ebay.it/itm/Webroot-Internet-Security-Antivirus-2017-4-Dev-Lifetime-w-flash-drive-/142516619519?hash=item212ea708ff:g:TWMAAOSwF71Zxtqv
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Yes, I know that there isn't a license like that offered on Webroot site.
It's only very strange to find on a scam product detailed licence clauses.
Also, I don't know why the eBay auction is still there. If someone of WebRoot contacts the customer service of eBay that auction can be removed.
It's WebRoot direct interest to avoid that scammers sell fake licences on eBay.

It's not offered anywhere legally so it's a very good scam, scam, scam! And it's up to Webroot's legal department to get that done. One other thing if you look at the beginning of this thread https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/I-paid-for-unlimited-lifetime-Webroot-protection-I-am-getting/m-p/255839#M25687 the keycode that comes with any of those get shut down and are useless in time. @
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Same here @ ;)
Boondabah I'm not alone!:D
Thank you, Robert. We appreciate your support. :D

BD
Userlevel 5
In my first job, I designed systems in a tiny micro company. My boss (salesman) ran in all excited and announced that he had a PO for 30 boxes which I was to design and manufacture. Good for you I said very excited. What price did you sell them at? He came me the number and I told him our costs would be about 100 dollars above that figure. (He was an alcoholic unfortunately but a wonderful man.) We never spoke again and I built them trying to build as cheaply as I could. It is an ethics issue and there is no politics in small companies. (We will make it up on volume.) There are different goals sometimes in large company roles. BTW, my boss worshiped me - a bad thing since I am only human (shortage of robots and all that).

The problem is not merely communication IMO. Speaking theoretically now, the more nodes in a system, the more chance for a problem or to say it differently the more complexity exists. Two people have perhaps three relationships, and three people have perhaps 8. The extremely large systems actually have nodes actively and sometimes covertly attacking the system. We call that politics, or dsyfunction, or many other words, but the truth is the very very large systems are so complex now that very few people can even understand the new issues between nodes. Now with the internet, there is no single human being that can do that. 

IMO, what the internet is doing, is disrupting the distribution networks we comfortably grew up with. (For dysfunctional people, distribution is also called "control") This causes intermediate nodes to have no useful function and be exposed. They don't want to "be gone", so they seek new functions, sadly not all of them positive. Most things from the past are distribution and control. Everyone knew their place in the machine but today the machine is changing rapidly and some people experience anxiety. Don't fear them, but help them. It is better for both nodes and ultimately the whole system. 

We have Just In Time management (which we used to call lots of names). Government, banking, Retail, welfare, warfare and dozens of systems are failing simultaneously because of nodes in crisis IMO. Count yourself very lucky, in the current brave new world vision, you and I are dinosaurs and a direct threat to bureaucrats (intermediate nodes) and non-producers at  times. You can actually deal directly with customers and a have a product or skill and can deliver it worldwide. The internet enhances your skill or talent but exposes the middle nodes and non-producers. Your posts and persistence has helped people in the world you will never meet through the magic of the internet!

So kudos for speaking up and cut everyone around a bit of slack. Ulitmately your only decision is to use their company products or not. We need more nodes like you to speak up so we can address the complexity. I commend you (LOL - not command - that is so ... 1970s) for speaking up. They can now address the issue to prevent it in the future.

The good news of the internet is that very much like the 60s (read catch 22 and compare it to times today for fun) in which the space program launched a world wide peace movement (threatening established middle nodes), IMO it's also launching a new world wide view that can help us build a much better world if we remember our sense of humor and get along. The pictures of the globe in the 60s and the ability to touch and help people just like you around the world. Let's help each other clean up the messes. Extremism is just fear and we need a middle way now.

The world is getting better, though at times it doesn't seem so. (How many people when you and I were born died of consumption or measles?). I suspect you and I would be good friends, like my old first boss and I. I suspect we can change the world for the better.

I will get off my soapbox now. 

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
WHAT is wrong with the decision making upper management  team at Webroot who thought it a swell idea to release a "special " deal on a TV show; AND not inform the front line associates about it ? That sales staff really dropped the ball, didn't they ? The Webroot members we rely on had no idea about it.
People like Sherri and J.P. and Pro-Truck Driver and Burn Daddy and Triple Helix and Baldrick ( I'm sure I missed a few ) were dealt a raw deal. Those faithful members are the ones we depend on to answer our questions and help us out of harms way and the stuffed shirts didn't feel it necessary to inform them of that  " QVC special " ??

My hats off to all the above members I mentioned for unwillingly taking the brunt of the disaster dropped upon them by the selfish stuffed shirts, talking heads.... a.k.a. " upper management " at Webroot.

Absolutely AND quite sincerely,
Robert
Thank you @ ;)

Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

I am not saying that you have, as Webroot does have a number of partners but I do not know if this is one of them. I presume that you get technical support as well as the use of Webroot SecureAnyWhere?

I have tried to look them up but can find nothing based on the name that sounds like the right company. Do you have a website address for them?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
@ wrote:
Hi Nadine

I am going offline now (I am based in the UK) but will check this thread tomorrow. In the interim you could contact the Sales Team at Webroot to see if they can advise as to whether or not the company that you have got the deal from is a registered partner of Webroot, etc.

The contact information can be found HERE.

Whilst I am offline perhaps either @ or @ may be able to assist?

EDIT: Daniel, you must have been reading my mind...:D

Regards, Baldrick

Yes I always do! 😃
Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

From checking the link that Daniel has provided they would seem to be somewhat less than salubrious. There is no detail as to what they do and certainly no mention of being in anyway accredited by Webroot. 

Do let us know what response you get frrom your contact with Webroot, and do contact your credit card company ASAP...as recommened by Daniel.

Rather than 'overload' you with responses I will leave you in Daniel's extremely capable hands. :D

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
? Hello, and Welcome. 

It is relevant to know how you first got to know about this company (International Innovative Solutions LLC). Did you, by chance, see some sort of a pop-up notification about them? Or via a phone call, for example?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Hi Nadine

You are wise to be cautious. The official Webroot contact numbers are to be found on this web page. Do not search for any others as they are likely to be suspect in most cases.

If you do not get through then post back here and we shall ask our Community Manager if he can facilitate the connection in some way.

Regards, Baldrick

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings